The Birmingham Skills for Enterprise and Employability Network (BSEEN) programme offers students and recent graduates a start-up package to turn their business idea into reality.
BSEEN supports aspiring entrepreneurs in Birmingham with a 12 month start-up support scheme to help guide you from your idea to launch and beyond.
The programme is available to current BCU students and recent graduates in the UK or EEA who are living in and plan to operate their business within the Greater Birmingham and Solihull area.
What you get with BSEEN
- Mentoring: Tailored mentoring to offer advice and guidance based on experience
- Bootcamp: Each programme starts with a five day bootcamp to introduce and hone business skills
- Office space: Free co-working space in the STEAMhouse Incubator based in Millennium Point
How to apply
Applying for the scheme is easy, but there are two steps to take before you start your application:
- Your first step to applying is to check if you are eligible in the scheme. You can do this using this helpful online BSEEN eligibility checker.
- Make sure that you are able to attend the compulsory bootcamp sessions. You can view the bootcamp dates on the BSEEN website.
If you are eligible and can attend the sessions, you can begin your application online on the BSEEN website.
International student or graduate?
If you are based outside of the UK, EU, EEA or Switzerland, you may be interested in the Start-up Visa to support you in setting up a business in the UK.