Senior Lecturer in Health Psychology
School of Social Sciences
- +44 (0)121 202 4205
Dr Angela Hewett specialises in health psychology and has a keen interest in gender and health and in health inequalities. Angela has also worked in public health at both Birmingham City University and the University of Liverpool, and has experience of working in practice as a Health Promotion Coordinator, with a focus on mental health promotion.
Angela is interested in differences in various indicators of health and wellbeing across cultures, and has researched in Norway, the United States, Canada and the UK.
Some of Angela’s academic activities include:
- Deputy Programme Leader for the MSc Health Psychology
- Internal Examiner for PhD Vivas x 3
- SEDA Accredited PhD Supervisor
- Member of the BLSS Ethics Committee
- Psychology Department Research Seminar Coordinator