BCU Press Team
We tell the media about what is happening at the University, providing a multi-service facility for journalists, including traditional press releases, audio soundbites, video footage and a news feed via Twitter.
We do this by:
- Issuing news releases, comment pieces and photographs to media outlets
- Publishing news releases on our website and on Twitter
- Providing an experts service and finding staff who can comment on their subject areas
- Providing broadcast quality audio and video
- Providing images of the University and University events for publication
- Offering opportunities for filming on campus
Marketing and Communications Department
Birmingham City University
University House, City Centre Campus
15 Bartholomew Row
+44 (0)121 331 6738
We offer an out-of-hours service for members of the media only.
+44 (0)7543 303319
Meet the team
External Relations Manager
Rich leads BCU’s External Relations team, and is also the main PR contact for the University’s School of English and the Birmingham School of Architecture and Design.
Senior External Relations Officer
Lyle is the main PR contact for the Faculty of Computing, Engineering and the Built Environment, as well as the School of Art, the School of Visual Communication and Royal Birmingham Conservatoire.
0121 331 5695 or 07925 818231
External Relations Officer
Joe is the main PR contact for the Schools of Jewellery, Fashion and Textiles and the Faculty of Business, Law and Social Sciences (BLSS).