British Journal of American Legal Studies
The British Journal of American Legal Studies is a scholarly journal which publishes articles of interest to the Anglo-American legal community.
Submissions are invited from academics and practitioners on both sides of the Atlantic on all aspects of constitutional law having relevance to the United States, including human rights, legal and political theory, socio-legal studies and legal history. International, comparative and interdisciplinary perspectives are particularly welcome.
Latest issue of the British Journal of American Legal Studies
All submissions will be peer-refereed through anonymous referee processes.
The British Journal of American Legal Studies is published by the Centre for American Legal Studies, The School of Law, Birmingham City University, Birmingham, UK.
Editor-in-Chief: Dr Anne Richardson Oakes
- Deputy Editors
Dr Ilaria Di-Gioia, Birmingham City University
Dr Mitchell Longan, Birmingham City University
- Associate Editors
Dr Sarah Cooper, Birmingham City University
Prof Julian Killingley, Birmingham City University
Dr Alice Storey, Birmingham City UniversitySeth Barrett Tillman, National University of Ireland, Maynooth.
- Editorial Team Leader 2022
- Birmingham City University Student Editorial Assistants 2022
- Editorial Board
- Hon. Joseph A. Greenaway Jr., Circuit Judge 3rd Circuit, U.S. Court of Appeals
- Hon. Raymond J. McKoski, Circuit Judge (retired), 19th Judicial Circuit Court, IL. Adjunct Professor of Law, The John Marshall Law School, Chicago, IL.
- Prof Antonio Aunion, University of Jaen, Andalucia.
- Prof Francine Banner, Phoenix School of Law, AZ.
- Prof Devon W. Carbado, UCLA, CA.
- Dr Damian Carney, University of Portsmouth, UK.
- Dr Simon Cooper, Reader in Property Law, Oxford Brookes University.
- Prof Randall T. Coyne, Frank Elkouri and Edna Asper Elkouri Professor, College of Law, University of Oklahoma, Norman OK.
- Mark George QC, Garden Court Chambers, Manchester, UK.
- Prof Larry Hammond, Osborne Maledon PA, Phoenix AZ.
- Prof Carolyn Hoyle, Professor of Criminology, University of Oxford, UK.
- Prof James Kousouros, CALS Visiting Professor, NY.
- Prof Ian Loveland, City University London, UK.
- Prof James Maxeiner, Center for International & Comparative Law, University of Baltimore School of Law, Baltimore, MD.
- Prof Ruth Miller, University of Massachusetts, Boston, MA.
- Dr Anne-Marie O'Connell, University Toulouse 1 Capitole.
- Prof Austin Sarat, William Nelson Cromwell Professor of Jurisprudence & Political Science, Amherst College, MA.
- Dr Stephen W. Smith, Cardiff University, UK.
- Prof Carrie Sperling, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, Arizona State University, AZ.
- Prof Clive Stafford Smith, Reprieve.
- Dr Timothy Stanley, Rothermere American Institute, University of Oxford, UK.
- Prof. Adam N. Steinman, Professor of Law & Frank M. Johnson Faculty Scholar, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL.
- Prof Russell Wheeler, The Brookings Institution, Washington DC.