- What's on offer
- Studying in Birmingham
- Trips and events
- Airport pick-up and drop-off (meet and greet)
Studying in Birmingham
With London just one hour and 20 minutes away by rail, Birmingham is the UK’s second largest city, with a population of 70,500 students. Famous for: The Bullring shopping centre, the home of Cadbury’s chocolate, the ‘Brummie’ accent, car manufacturing, science and industry, Birmingham Comedy Festival.
A global city
- Over 700 international firms include Jaguar
Land Rover, Kraft, HSBC and BBC
- £110 billion regional economy*
- 35.5m visitors per year*
A centre for creativity
- Over 50 festivals each year
- Birmingham Hippodrome attracts over 500,000 visitors a year
- 500,000 works of art in one square mile
- Birmingham Opera Company is famed for performances in unusual spaces.
A great place to live
- The highest quality of life of any regional UK city**
- Excellent shopping
- Arenas hosting international artists such as Beyoncé, Ed Sheeran and One Direction
- Created the most jobs in 2014/15 - a total of 4,739
- Europe’s youngest city with 40 per cent aged under 25
- International cricket at Edgbaston Cricket Ground
- English Premier League side West Bromwich Albion, as well as Aston Villa and Birmingham City
- Alexander Stadium hosts many international athletics events.
- The Belfry golf course has hosted the prestigious Ryder Cup on four occasions.
*Source: Business Birmingham/Marketing Birmingham **Mercer Quality of Living Report 2015