Refer a friend
Refer a friend and get £300 to spend!
if you're an international student and you know someone who would love to study here, simply refer them and if they enrol on a full-time course, you'll get £300 off your tuition fees*.
Birmingham City University is committed to safeguarding your personal data. Whenever you provide such information we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information including the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
Contacting us about how we use your information
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about how we use or handle your information please contact the Data Protection Officer at: Data Protection Officer, Information Management Team, Birmingham City University, University House, 15 Bartholomew Row, Birmingham B5 5JU, email email@example.com.
If you are not content with how we handle your information please contact our Data Protection Officer. However you do also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF. Information about the Information Commissioner.
*Terms and conditions
1. The ‘refer a friend’ scheme only applies to referees who apply for the scheme, pay fees and apply direct to Birmingham City University (and not through an agent), and fully enrol on the course stated in their Offer Letter.
2. The ‘refer a friend’ scheme only applies to newly recruited students who have not previously studied at Birmingham City University.
3. To be eligible to receive a ‘refer a friend’ reward (£300 off fees), the current Birmingham City University student (the referrer) must be fully enrolled on a course with no outstanding fees. The referrer must have the referee’s consent to submitting the referee’s data for the purposes of this scheme.
4. The referrer must provide thorough details stipulating the relationship to the referee.
5. The ‘refer a friend’ application form must be submitted before an Offer Letter is produced by Birmingham City University.
6. The ‘refer a friend’ application form must be approved by the Director of International.
7. The reward will be given to the referrer after successful enrolment and payment of 50% of the first year fees to Birmingham City University.
8. The decision by Birmingham City University for the ‘refer a friend’ scheme is final.
9. There is a limit of nine referees a referrer can have.
10. If either the referrer or the referee are found to have made false or misleading statements as part of the ‘refer a friend’ scheme Birmingham City University reserves the right to withdraw any unpaid reward that has been approved or recover the value of any reward that has already been given.
11. Birmingham City University reserves the right to change these terms and conditions or terminate the ‘refer a friend’ scheme at any time without notice. In the event that the scheme is terminated Birmingham City University will honour any applications which have been approved but not yet paid.