Find out more about the key publications and upcoming events concerning the Advanced Materials and Manufacturing research centre.
Materials: Processing and Design
- Thakur N., Raju P., Krzyzanowski M. and Chinchapatnam P.: Logical Knowledge-based Advanced Cost Estimation Methodology (LKACEM) Applied to Metal Matrix Composite Aero-Engine Blisk, International Journal of Computer Science and Technology, Vol. 9, Issue 2, 2018, pp. 53-65. http://www.open-access.bcu.ac.uk/6097/1/LOGICAL%20KNOWLEDGE%20BASED.pdf
- Bajda S., Dymek S., Krzyzanowski M., Retraint D., Majta J., Lisiecki L. and Kwiecien M.: Characterization of nanocrystallised multilayered metallic materials produced by the SMAT followed by constrained compression, Materials Characterization, Vol. 145, 2018, pp. 250-257. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1044580318310738
- Babu S.S.M., Berry S., Ward M. and Krzyzanowski M.: Numerical investigation of key stamping process parameters influencing tool life and wear, Procedia Manufacturing, Vol. 15, 2018, pp. 427-435. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S235197891830934X
- Bajda S., Svyetlichnyy D., Retraint D. and Krzyzanowski M., Numerical modelling of grain refinement around highly reactive interfaces in processing of nanocrystallised multilayered metallic materials by duplex technique, The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 96, Issue 5-8, 2018, pp. 2893-2905.
- Svyetlichnyy D., Krzyzanowski M., Straka R., Lach L. and Rainforth W.M., "Application of cellular automata and Lattice Boltzmann methods for modelling of additive layer manufacturing", International Journal of Numerical Methods for Heat & Fluid Flow, Vol. 28 Issue: 1, 2018, pp.31-46.
- Bajda S., Ratuszek W., Krzyzanowski M. and Retraint D.: Inhomogeneity of plastic deformation in austenitic stainless steel after surface mechanical attrition treatment, Surface and Coating Technology, Vol. 329, 2017, 202-211. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0257897217309805
- Thakur N., Raju P., Krzyzanowski M. and Chinchapatnam P.: Combined Life-Cycle Including Carbon Footprint for Composite Materials, Int. J. of Research in Mechanical Engineering and Technology (IJRMET), Vol. 7, Issue 2, 2017, 157-161. http://www.ijrmet.com/VOL72/26-nikhil-thakur.pdf
- Krzyzanowski M., Bajda S., Liu Y., Triantaphyllou A., Rainforth W.M. and Glendenning M.: 3D analysis of thermal and stress evolution during laser cladding of bioactive glass coatings, Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials, 2016.
- Sroka J., Talamantes-Silva J., Krzyzanowski M., Rainforth W.M.: Modelling of transient temperature field and phase transformation change: a way for residual stress management in large size forgings, Computer Methods in Materials Science, vol. 16 no 2, 2016, 87-96 – ISSN 1641-8581.
- Bajda S., Krzyzanowski M., Kwiecien M., Majta J., Lisiecki L., Sroka J.: Towards processing of multilayered metallic materials – constrained compression testing, Computer Methods in Materials Science, vol 16 no 2, 2016, 76-86. –ISSN 1641-8581.
- Krzyzanowski M., Svyetlichnyy D., Stevenson G. and Rainforth W.M.: Powder bed generation in integrated modelling of additive layer manufacturing of orthopaedic implants, Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, vol. 87, issue 1-4, 2016, 519-530 https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00170-016-8491-x
- Krzyzanowski M. and J.H. Beynon J.H.: Interfacial heat transfer during hot metal forming operations assuming scale failure effects, Materials Science and Technology, vol. 32, Issue 5, 2015, 407-417 https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1179/1743284715Y.0000000125
- Bajda S., Krzyzanowski M., Muszka K. and Rainforth W.M.: Numerical analysis of highly reactive interfaces in processing of nanocrystallised multilayered metallic materials by using duplex techniques, Surface and Coatings Technology, Vol. 277, 2015, 170-180 https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0257897215301316
- K.S. Fancey and A. Fazal. Prestressed Polymeric Matrix Composites: Longevity Aspects. Polymer Composites: vol. 37, Issue 7, 2016, 2092-2097 http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/pc.23387/full
- A. Fazal and K.S. Fancey. UHMWPE fibre-based composites: prestress-induced enhancement of impact properties. Composites Part B: Engineering, vol. 66, 2014, 1-6 https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1359836814001875
- A. Fazal and K.S. Fancey. Performance Enhancement of Nylon/Kevlar Fiber Composites Through Viscoelastically Generated Pre-Stress. Polymer Composites: vol. 35, Issue 5, 2014, 931-938
- A. Fazal and K.S. Fancey. Viscoelastically generated prestress from ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene fibres, Journal of Materials Science, vol 48, Issue 16, 2013, 5559-5570 https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10853-013-7350-5
- A. Fazal and K.S. Fancey. Viscoelastically prestressed polymeric matrix composites – Effects of test span and fibre volume fraction on Charpy impact characteristics, Composites Part B: Engineering, vol. 44, Issue 1, 2013, 472-479 https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1359836812002430
Engineering systems and design, logistics and supply chain management
Fawaz Y Annaz, Force Equalisation in Torque-Summed Electromechanical Actuators, Measurement (2020), Received Date: 21 November 2019; Revised Date: 6 January 2020; Accepted Date: 5 February 2020
Kalaitzi, D., Matopoulos, A., Bourlakis, M. and Tate, W., Supply chain strategies in an era of natural resource scarcity, International Journal of Operations & Production Management, Vol. 38, No. 3, 2018, 784-809
Kalaitzi, D., Matopoulos, A., Clegg B., Managing resource dependencies in electric vehicle supply chains: a multi-tier case study, Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, Vol. 24, No. 2, 2019, 256-270
F.Y. Annaz, “UAV Testbed Training Platform Development Using Panda3d”, Industrials Robot: An International Journal, Vol. 42 Issue: 5, 2015, 450 – 456 https://www.emerald.com/insight/content/doi/10.1108/IR-01-2015-0017/full/html?journalCode=ir (Book) F.Y. Annaz, “Design and Development of Multi-Lane Smart Electromechanical Actuators”, IET, released in June 2014 https://digital-library.theiet.org/content/books/ce/pbce093
F Annaz and A Saeed, “Real Time Mobile Robot Navigation of Virtually Created Environments”, Trends in Intelligent Robotics, Automation, and Manufacturing, Vol 330, 2010, pp 103-110, Springer Berlin Heidelberg https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007%2F978-3-642-35197-6_11
Daus, D., Kalaitzi, D., Barros, A.C., Muerza, V., Marchiori, I. (2018). Alternative Development Paths for Supply Chains in 2030, forthcoming in proceedings (CD) of the Hamburg international conference of logistics, 13 - 14 Sep 2018 Hamburg, Germany
Kalaitzi, D, Matopoulos, A. and Clegg, B. (2017). Supply chain upscaling in the emerging electric vehicle sector: a case study. In proceedings of the 24th EurOMA conference, 1-5t July, Edinburgh, Scotland
Despoudi, S. and Kalaitzi, D. (2016). An exploration of the relationship between resource efficiency and supply chain resilience practices: a conceptual framework, In proceedings of the 5th World Conference on Production and Operations Management: P&OM, 6-10 September, Havana
Aminu, B; Akhtar, J; Melville, L; Khondokar R and Aulak,P., (2017) The Importance of Risk Management in Bio-energy Projects. International Renewable & Non Renewable energy sources, 2017 Conference in Spain
Aminu, B; Akhtar, J; Melville, L; Khondokar R and Aulak,P., (2017) The Effects of Risk Management on Solar and Wind Energy Projects. International Renewable & Non Renewable energy sources, 2017 Conference in Spain
Yang, J; Joy, S; Akhtar, J; Ward, M and Harrison, C., (2017) The Development of Safety Cases for an Autonomous Vehicle: a Comparative Study on Different Methods, “The SAE 2017 Intelligent and Connected Vehicles Symposium ” Sep 26-27, 2017, China
- M. R. Salami, M. M. Kashani and Katsuichiro Goda, Influence of advanced structural modelling technique, mainshock-aftershock sequences, and ground-motion types on seismic fragility of low-rise RC structures, Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, vol. 117, 2019, 263-279
- Kashani, MM, Salami MR, Goda K, Alexander NA, Modelling nonlinear flexural response of rectangular RC columns accounting for bar buckling and fatigue degradation, Magazine of Concrete Research, 70 (5), 2017, 231-247.
- Salami MR, Goda K., Seismic loss estimation of residential wood-frame structures in south-western British Columbia considering mainshock-aftershock sequences, Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities, 28(6), 2014, 1-10.
- Goda K, Salami MR., Inelastic seismic demand estimation of wood-frame houses subjected to mainshock-aftershock sequences, Bulletin of Earthquake Engineering, 12(2), 2014, 855-874.
- Bajda S., Dymek S., Krzyzanowski M., Retraint D., Majta J., Lisiecki L. and Kwiecien M.: Characterization of nanocrystallised multilayered metallic materials produced by the SMAT followed by constrained compression, Materials Characterization, Vol. 145, 2018, pp. 250-257
- Babu S.S.M., Berry S., Ward M. and Krzyzanowski M.: Numerical investigation of key stamping process parameters influencing tool life and wear, Procedia Manufacturing, Vol. 15, 2018, pp. 427-435
- Salami MR, Kashani MM, Goda k. Influence of Advanced Structural Modelling and Subduction Mainshock-Aftershock Sequences on Seismic Fragility of RC Structures Eleventh U.S. National Conference on Earthquake Engineering Integrating Science, Engineering & Policy, Los Angeles, California, 2018.
- Salami MR, Kashani MM, Goda k. Seismic Performance Evaluation of RC Structures Considering Shallow Crustal Mainshock-Aftershocks Sequences. The 16th European conference on earthquake engineering, Thessaloniki, Greece, 2018.
- Salami MR, Jesus A, Pamuncak AP, Zarkasi I, Suhendro B, Budiono B, Suprobo P, Laory I. Long-Term Structural Health Monitoring of Suramadu Bridge, The 8th International Conference on Structural Health Monitoring of Intelligent Infrastructure, Brisbane, Australia, 2017.
- Jesus A, Salami MR, Westgate R, Koo K, Brownjohn J, Laory I. Bayesian Structural Identification of a suspension bridge using temperature and traffic loading, The 8th International Conference on Structural Health Monitoring of Intelligent Infrastructure, Brisbane, Australia 2017.