GCSE Equivalency Tests
If you’re looking to enrol on an initial teacher training course in September 2019 but have yet to achieve (and are not currently studying for) one or more of the GCSEs needed to begin your training, then there is another way! We’re offering GCSE equivalency tests in Maths, English and Science, which include a package of up to eight support sessions. The cost of each test (including support sessions) is £100. Should you gain a place to study on one of our initial teacher training courses with us in September (as listed below) you will be refunded your £100 fee after you have enrolled on the course:
- PGCE Primary with QTS
- PGCE Secondary with QTS
- PGCE Post-Compulsory Education and Training
- BA (Hons) Primary Education with QTS
- BA (Hons) Secondary PE with QTS
- BSc (Hons) Secondary Computing with QTS
- BSc (Hons) Secondary Science (Biology) with QTS
- This is an equivalency test and so is aimed at people who have already sat a GCSE and just missed out on achieving a grade C/level 4. It is not a GCSE course and so is not suitable if you have never undertaken a GCSE or need extensive support.
- Acceptance of our equivalency tests outside of Birmingham City University is entirely at the discretion of the other institution. Therefore, we would advise you to check with any other institution you are considering applying to that they will accept our equivalency test(s) before making a booking.
Our support sessions will cover all the essential areas of the GCSE equivalency test: Number, Algebra, Geometry and Statistics.
Our support sessions will cover all the essential areas of the GCSE equivalency test: Fiction, Non-fiction, Reading and Writing.
Our support sessions will cover all the essential areas of the GCSE equivalency test: Organs & Systems, Atomic Structure & Bonding, Forces & Motion, and Photosynthesis & Respiration.