How to create an innovative culture using Design Thinking.
Birmingham City University is funding research into ‘innovatively-orientated’ cultures within organisations in the West Midlands. The overarching goal of the research project is to investigate how design thinking as an approach can construct or reproduce an innovative culture, whereby organisations can achieve their objectives.
At a time when innovation and differentiation is essential to achieving competitive advantage and sometimes survival, Design Thinking offers a holistic, interdisciplinary and human centric approach to radically solving an array of complex problems. As a result, Design Thinking can be used for:
- Creating new products or services that address the needs of users.
- Strategic or process led development in order to meet organisational goals.
- Designing, implementing and delivering a range of policies.
The research project works closely with the Enterprise Innovation and Business Engagement department (EIBE) who specialise in running interactive events and workshops that encourage multidisciplinary working, co-creation and co-design.
How the project can benefit your organisation
- Provides an innovative bespoke solution to support your business needs
- We can embed new knowledge technology and processes into your operations and align with your strategic plans
- Gives you access to high calibre graduates and postgraduates who can manage and deliver a project within your organisation if required
- Gives you access to the University’s vast pool of academic experts
Carey Burke, Principle Research Consultant