Are you full of good ideas and like to make things happen, but you don’t know whether starting-up your own business is for you?
About nine percent of students in university run a business alongside their studies, and two per cent of UK graduates decide to become their own boss directly after graduation.
Whether you already have a clear idea and are taking practical steps towards your dream, or you are just starting to consider self-employment, there are a range of support services available at BCU.
Do you have a business idea? Do you need help to turn it into a reality?
Realising Innovative Student Enterprise (R.I.S.E) is a free, startup support programme for students with an exciting business idea. RISE provides;
- Business Boot Camps
- Hackathon Events
- Proof of Concept Support
- Events & Networking
- Access to Funding
- Startup Spaces
For more information and to apply, visit the RISE webpage.
Do you want to be your own boss? Do you have the ambition to be the founder of a successful company?
BSEEN can help turn your business idea into reality! You could set up your own company at any time, including for your placement year or when you graduate. All you need is a viable idea and the commitment to make it succeed. BSEEN offers a five day intensive boot-camp enabling you to develop your business skills including workshops, on-going support, tailored mentoring to suit your business needs, free co-working space in STEAMhouse Incubator in Millennium Point, a business grant of £500 to kick start your business and networking opportunities.
For more information about the BSEEN programme, visit the BSEEN webpage.
You could be a creative entrepreneur looking for space, a desk, digital connectivity and access to business strategy workshops and small business funding opportunities.
You might be going it alone after developing a business idea and need business support from a mentor, coworking space for collaborative thinking and new business networks to launch your idea as a business.
Whatever your background or need, STEAMhouse Business Incubator can give you the business support and facilities you need to develop and launch your new enterprise. The incubator gives members immediate access to a wide range of support opportunities, including:
- Access to all start up incubator facilities and support
- Dedicated workstations and high speed digital connectivity
- Collaborative workspace, breakout areas and networking facilities
- Bookable meeting rooms and workshop theatre
- Business start-up workshops, guidance and literature
- Talks from business start-up and growth specialists
- Business Plan Development support
- One-to-one Business start-up advice, including legal, accounting and financial
- On-going mentoring and support for starting your own business from the STEAMhouse business incubator entrepreneur in residence
- A central Birmingham location, one of the UK’s most entrepreneurial cities
- A central Birmingham Business Address
For more information about the STEAMincubator and to apply to become a member, visit the webpage.