It has to be emphasised that all the tools used as part of these workshops are business-oriented and provide a simple to understand language that SME leaders of any size can understand and use. Moreover, the tools used in the workshops will allow the participant SME owner/managers to target specific organisational development that will drive their innovation strategies and objectives.
The workshops will help participant SME leaders identify, understand and assess essential strategic and cultural competences, as well as organising mechanisms needed to effect innovation in their organisation. Participants will be given the opportunity to consider their own funding strategies and how best to pursue commercial finance in the future. In short these workshops will give you initial tools from which to work directly on your business. Each workshop is also designed so that the combination of all three gives greater meaning and context for your business.
- It is advised that companies attend each workshop just once.
- All Business Innovation Workshops start 9:30am and finish at 5pm. Lunch and refreshments are provided.
If you would like to book your place at any of the workshops please email.
Workshop 1 - Envisioning for Growth through Innovation
This workshop will help to understand how to envision the future as part of different scenarios for regional, national and international contexts. Participants will explore the uncertainties in their environment and use these uncertainties to develop plausible images of the future. Tools will be provided to anticipate the impact of the alternative future scenarios. Participants will learn how to understand present and prepare more effectively for future strategies.
|11/11/2016||Birmingham City University (C321)|
|04/01/2017||Wolverhampton Solutions Centre|
|10/02/2017||Birmingham City University (C321)|
|08/03/2017||Hereford Business Solutions Centre|
|05/05/2017||Birmingham City University (C321)|
|06/06/2017||Telford Business Solutions Centre|
Workshop 2 - Strategy and Leadership for Innovation
This workshop is designed to help SMEs build their strategic leadership capacity and enhance the cultural and structural effectiveness of their organisation for innovation. The workshop is designed around 3 pillars:
- Pillar 1: Generating ideas, identifying and exploiting opportunities
- Pillar 2: Formulating an appropriate strategic position and business model
- Pillar 3: Setting up organisational mechanisms and culture that support innovation
|18/11/2016||Birmingham City University (C321)|
|11/01/2017||Wolverhampton Solutions Centre|
|14/02/2017||Birmingham City University (C321)|
|15/03/2017||Hereford Business Solutions Centre|
|16/05/2017||Birmingham City University (C321)|
|13/06/2017||Telford Business Solutions Centre|
Workshop 3 - Marketing and Finance for Innovation
This workshop focus on the importance of matching your marketing strategy with opportunities in order to maximise chances of success – a method of ‘connecting’ what the firm can do to successfully win new business. This workshop will also present the latest research on availability of business finance including traditional forms, innovation in funding including peer to peer and crowd funding, social lending, etc.
|24/11/2016||Birmingham City University (C321)|
|25/01/2017||Wolverhampton Solutions Centre|
|27/02/2017||Birmingham City University (C541)|
|29/03/2017||Hereford Business Solutions Centre|
|30/05/2017||Birmingham City University (C321)|
|27/06/2017||Telford Business Solutions Centre|
- Birmingham City University (BCU) - Curzon Building, 4 Cardigan Street, Birmingham, B4 7BD
- Wolverhampton Business Solutions Centre (WBSC) - Development Centre, Glaisher Drive, University of Wolverhampton Science Park, Wolverhampton, WV10 9RT
- Hereford Business Solutions Centre (HBSC) -Coldnose Road, Hereford, HR2 6JS
- Telford Business Solutions Centre (TBSC) - Telford Innovation Campus, Shifnal Road, Priorslee, Telford, TF2 9NN
- BCU - There is a multi-storey car park owned and managed by Birmingham City Council situated adjacent to Millennium Point. The car park can be accessed via Jennens Road and Millennium Point is clearly signposted from all main routes into the city – simply follow the brown tourist signs. The nearest motorways are the M6, M5 and M42. NB. If using a sat nav please use the following postcode- B4 7AP. The multi-storey car park has a height restriction of 2.1m (6’10”).
- WBSC – Free parking is available in front of the building.
- HBSC – Free parking is available on the overflow car park.
- TBSC – Free parking is available on site.