Dr Khondokar Mizanur Rahman
Teaching and Research Fellow (Environmental Engineering)
- +44 (0)121 202 8545
Khondokar Mizanur Rahman is a Teaching and Research Fellow for Environmental Engineering in the School of Engineering and the Built Environment. He has been involved in the field of environmental research since 2004.
He has been a member of the Waste and Energy Research Group (WERG) since 2007, working in the field of sustainable waste management.
He has a range of industry links, in both the UK and Bangladesh. He worked as a Research Officer in New Life and Company Limited, Bangladesh from November 2001 to April 2005. He also worked for Positive Energy Sussex and Energise Sussex Coast for two years.
He has also worked as a researcher for Grameen Shakti (Rural Energy) and Grameen Bank, Advance Engineering and BCSIR in Bangladesh, and Farm Renewables, Kingdom Bioenergy and Evergreen Gas in the UK.
He trained in using an AD plant operating system at Barfoot Energy in the UK, in line with EU law on AD plant operation.
He has spoken at conferences at Imperial College London and the University of Nottingham, as well as presenting his research at the First International Conference on Microfinance and Renewable Energy organised by Planet Finance and European Union in ULB, Brussels, in 2009.
He has also attended many national and international conferences as a delegate, particularly in the renewable energy sector in Bangladesh, Nepal, India, Belgium and the United Kingdom.
Invigilator of undergraduate students, University of Brighton
- Examination paper marking of undergraduate students, University of Brighton
- Invigilator and tutor, Birmingham City University (BCU)
- CPD course (Biomass Feedstock) instructor, Birmingham City University
- Working on course development: BSc in Humanitarian Engineering, Birmingham City University
- Lab work for MSc in Environmental Sustainability, Birmingham City University
- Seasonal lecturer in Biomass supply chain management for MSc, Birmingham City University
- Coursework assessment brief: ENG5053 Sustainable Design and Manufacture
- Sessional lecturer: ENG5049 Environmental Studies and Thermodynamics