Senior Lecturer in Fine Art
- 0121331 5775
Yvonne Hindle is an experienced painter. Her most recent series of paintings, “Somewhere Adrift” and “Almost, Nearly, Not Quite” sit between representation and matter. Yvonne graduated in 1987 with an MA in Painting from the Royal College of Art. Her RCA graduation exhibition was awarded a major travel award from the Painters and Strainers Guild London.
Shortly after graduating, Yvonne was the founding member of the Grand Union Studios on Vyner Street, close to where she lived in the ACME artist’s studio and housing association on Beck Road in Hackney, East London. She also had a workspace for many years at the ACME studios on Carpenters Road, Stratford, East London.
Yvonne was a regular visiting Lecturer on a number of Fine Art courses in the country before being appointed as an associate Senior Lecturer at the University of Northumbria in 1992 and soon after became acting Head of Painting in 1993-1995. She is currently based in Birmingham and is a Senior Lecturer at the School of Art Birmingham, Institute of Creative Arts.
Yvonne has been exhibited nationally and internationally and works collaboratively on projects and exhibitions as well as independently.
Recent exhibitions include:
- 2016 “Annuale” New Art West Midlands, Article Gallery
- 2016 “Super translations”” Gallery North Newcastle Upon Tyne
- 2015 “Simply Painting” Inverness Museums and Galleries
- 2015 “Simply Painting “Peacock Gallery Aberdeen
- 2013 “Until it Breaks” Article Gallery Birmingham
- 2012 “Diamond Armour” Article Gallery Birmingham
- 2011 “Working Against the System” Gallery North
- gn.northumbria.ac.uk Newcastle Upon Tyne
- 2011 “Working Against the System“ part 2; Transitiongallery.co.uk London
- “Somewhere in the Distance” Bangkok H Gallery Bangkok
- “Lost Horizons” Article Gallery, Birmingham