Anita Xiaoming is currently working on a project cataloguing and researching a significant private collection of traditional Chinese wood-block prints in Europe. The collection includes over a hundred items which date from the late Ming and the early Qing periods, to the end of the last imperial dynasty in the early 20th century.
• Undertaking the project “Asiatica and Chinoiserie at the Saxon Court”of the Staatliche Kunstsammlungen Dresden (SKD), Germany, supported by the Alexander Von Humboldt Post-doctoral Fellowship Foundation,2015-2018.
• Undertaking the project “Chinese Popular Prints in the Collections of Europe”, funded by the China Scholarship Council, 2014.
• Part of the project “The Chinese Woodblock Pictures Data Base Founded” of the National Social Science Fund, 2014.
• Part of the project “Chinese Woodblock Prints Artists Oral history research” of the China Folk Literature and Art Association, 2008- 2011.
• Undertaking the project “Yi De Yuan Paper Cutting research in Tianjin” of the China Folk Literature and Art Association, 2009.
- Exhibition- “Chinese New Year Prints in Russia from 1906-2006”, Beiyang Art Gallery of Tianjin University, 2009.
- Exhibition- “Yi De Yuan Paper Cutting”, Beiyang Art Gallery of Tianjin University, 2009.
- Exhibition- “Bringing Intangible Culture into the College Campus- Paper Cutting Show” in Bei Yang Art Gallery of Tianjin University, 2010.
- Exhibition- “Women Figures Cross Media- Chinese and Japanese women figures on porcelains photographs and popular prints in the collections of the SKD,” in the Residence Castel of the SKD Dresden Germany, 2017.
Anita Xiaoming Wang, “The idealised Lives of Women: Visions of Beauty in Chinese Popular Prints of the Qing Dynasty”, Arts Asiatiques vol.73 (2018), 97-116pp.
Anita Xiaoming Wang, “European Pictorial Techniques in Early Qing Suzhou Prints”, The colour Print in China 1600-1800 A.D., Ed. By Anne Farrer and Professor Kevin Mcloughlin. (Submitted for peer-review)
Cordula Bischoff, Anita Xiaoming Wang, "Early Asiatica and Chinoiserie at the Saxon court ", Dresden. Europa.Welt, Staatliche Kunstsammlungen Dresden, 2017, 20-21pp.
Bischoff, Cordula, Wang, Anita Xiaoming, ‘Online Catalogue of Chinese and Chinoiserie Collections of the Dresden State Art Collections’ (Online publication, forthcoming)
Anita Wang Xiaoming, “Chinoiserie Taste on the Images of Chinese Women Figures- The Influence on Artistic Creation by the Cross-Cultural Transformation of Europe and China in the 17th and 18th Centuries”, Selected Essays of the International Conference of “Artistic exchanges as cultural transfers between China and Europe in the 17th and 18th centuries”, Lille University France. (In preparation)
Anita Wang Xiaoming, “Chinese Woodblock New Year Prints and Paintings Used as Wallpaper in Europe in the 18th Century”, International Conference of Chinese Wallpaper: trade, technique and taste, The National Trust House, London. (Publication in progress)
Selected Publications in Chinese:
Wang Xiaoming, 2011: [Chinese New Year Pictures Artists Oral History, Zhuxianzhen New Year Picture Guo Taiyun, YinGuoquan], Tianjin University Press.
Wang Xiaoming & Zhu Shenghui, 2011: [Chinese New Year Pictures Artists Oral History, Xinjiang New Year Picture: Guo Quansheng, Linfen New Year Picture: Ning Jixian], Tianjin University Press.
Tang Na, Wang Xiaoming, 2011: [Chinese New Year Pictures Artists Oral History, Fo Shan New Year Picture: Feng Bingtang and Zhang Zhou New Year Picture: Yan Shiguo], Tianjin University Publication Press.
Mao Ruiheng, Wang Xiaoming & Pu Jiao ,2011: [Chinese New Year Pictures Artists Oral History, Tantou NewYear Picture: Zhong Haixian and Liangping New Year Picture: Xu Jiahui, Tianjin University Press.
Feng Jicai & Wang Xiaoming, 2009: Xiaoshide huayang Jinbaozhai Yi Deyuan Jianzhi [Disappeared Patterns: Paper Cuttings of Yi Deyuan in Jinbaozhai],Beijing: Zhonghua Press. 2009.