Andrew Gillespie is contemporary artist based in Birmingham. He is interested in the collision of surfaces, structures and materials. He regularly translates familiar imagery and objects through printmaking and casting, exploiting the shift in status and content that occurs with each gesture. He makes composed constellations of works that often conjure a specific landscape, personal experience or public context.
Selected recent exhibitions include:
- Anti-Scrape, The New Art Gallery Walsall, 2017 (solo)
- Sinkhole, Outpost, Norwich, 2017 (solo)
- Mask, Hunter Whitfield, London, 2016, (group)
- The Staircase of the Staircase, The Sunday Painter, London, 2015 (group)
- CO, Nottingham Contemporary, Nottingham, 2014 (with Tom Godfrey)
Andrew also organises Recent Activity, a curatorial project in Birmingham.