The Beyond Grad scheme provides guidance and support for graduates of BA (Hons) Architecture and MArch Architecture as you look for professional practice experience or to move into other areas of employment.
The scheme gives you the opportunity to work with a member of staff as the Professional Studies Advisor (PSA) role when carrying out the work experience element for the RIBA Personal Education and Development Record (PEDR).
Enrolment together with a £55 fee per annum provides participants with the following:
- Access to many of the facilities and expertise within BCU
- Receive personal guidance and support from Birmingham School of Architecture 'Professional Studies Advisor'; for example with CVs and the preperation of your portfolio
- We provide job leads through our partners in practice, which is currently around 50 architectural practices throughout the West Midlands and elsewhere in the UK
- As relevant experience is gained, you will then receive support for their PEDR which is submitted every 3 months. These modules cost £80 each (per PEDR sheet submitted) and will be invoiced when PSA signature is required (a pay-as-you-go approach)
- Retrospective PEDR sheets (outside of the 2 months from the end date of the period) can also be signed to provide validated experience but without the PSA comments.
Note: PEDR registration is also required via the RIBA PEDR website.
For all enquires, please email Ian Shepherd