Beyond Borders? event to investigate the routes into art, design and media
A one-day event investigating arts, design and media will take place at The Parkside Building on Friday 7 July.
Beyond Borders? will assess the approaches and pathways associated with arts, design and media. It will explore the spaces, places and territories that exist above and below, amid and with/out borders, as well as the pathways, roots and routes that enable us to immerse in arts, design and media research.
The event will look at answering a number of questions, including:
- Are some approaches and pathways favoured more than others?
- Do institutional or other boundaries affect/effect research?
- Does defining research confine research?
- How can addressing these sorts of questions provide possibilities for arts, design, media and humanities more broadly?
If you are interesting in presenting at the event, it is not too late to send in your proposal. They should be submitted on one side of A4 paper, comprising text and visual/other sources where appropriate that includes:
- How your proposal resonates with the conference themes
- The form that your proposed idea will take (such as workshops, happenings, presentations and beyond)
- Any space or technical requirements
Email your proposal to email@example.com. The deadline for submission is Friday 5 May.