Speech and Language Therapy Clinic
Due to Covid-19 restrictions easing we are pleased to be able to offer on site face to face individual appointments and groups in our clinic. We are also continuing to offer a virtual on-line service to clients in a format that suits them as appropriate. Please continue to contact us to refer yourself or your client.
We are contactable below:
- Phone: 07542 229035
- Email: SLTClinic@bcu.ac.uk
Birmingham City University Speech and Language Therapy Clinic offers various clinical services to service users from across the region. You can be referred by a speech and language therapy service or by yourself/family member.
To attend the Speech and Language Therapy Clinic at BCU you must:
- Be able to travel to our campus
- Be happy to work with our students
- Be happy to be observed by our students
- Have a speech/language/communication difficulty
If you would like to discuss this at all please contact Claire Hartley on the clinic number:
- 07542 229035
Our current services include:
- Conversation group for people with aphasia
- Assessment and therapy for adolescents and adults who stammer
- Lee Silverman Voice Treatment for people with Parkinson’s Disease
- Monthly Communicating Confidently group for people who identify as trans
- Individual therapy sessions to support people to achieve a different vocal quality, e.g. more masculine/feminine or neutral
- Voice care advice and support for lecturers or staff with projection, reducing vocal effort - these are offered as individual or group sessions
If you would like to refer yourself or someone else to our clinic please fill in this form.