Help to Grow: Management
Do you lead a small business? You and your business can now benefit from a practical management training programme delivered by industry-experienced staff from Birmingham City Business School, accredited by the Small Business Charter.
The Help to Grow: Management course will support senior managers of small and medium sized businesses to boost their business’s performance, resilience, and long-term growth.
The 12-week programme is 90% funded by the Government and has been designed to allow participants to complete it alongside full-time work.
The in-depth high quality curriculum will support you to build your capabilities in leadership, innovation, digital adoption, employee engagement, marketing, responsible business, and financial management. By the end of the programme you will develop a business growth plan to help you lead your business to release its potential.
- Cohort 5 of the programme will begin on September 13 2022. Register interest.
- Cohort 6 of the programme will begin on November 1 2022. Register interest.
Got any questions?
To find out more about the Help to Grow: Management course, and what it can do for you and your business, please contact our Business Services team.
What’s covered in the course?
Facilitated by small business experts from Birmingham City Business School, this practical programme takes place over 3-months and will include both online and face-to-face sessions, alongside peer support and mentoring.
The programme is built around a practical curriculum which features:
- Eight facilitated online 2-hour sessions
- Four practical and interactive case study workshops
- One-to-one support from a mentor, providing you with personalised support to develop your business growth plan
- Peer networking, including peer group calls that give you the opportunity to share experiences with a small group of other small business leaders
- Access to the Alumni Programme featuring events with inspirational speakers, business clinics and networking events
The programme will cover key areas of leadership including:
- Strategy and Innovation
- Growing National and International Markets
- Leading for High Performance
- Building Vision and Brand
- Engaging and Inspiring Teams
- Creating Customer Value
- Adopting Digital Technology
- Adopting Responsible Business Practices
- Financial Management
Register Your Interest
Want to book onto our next available Help to Grow: Management course? Register your interest above and our Business Services team will get in contact with you.
Birmingham City University is committed to safeguarding your personal data. Whenever you provide such information we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information including the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
Contacting us about how we use your information
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about how we use or handle your information please contact the Data Protection Officer at: Data Protection Officer, Information Management Team, Birmingham City University, University House, 15 Bartholomew Row, Birmingham B5 5JU, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 121 331 5288.
If you are not content with how we handle your information please contact our Data Protection Officer. However you do also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF. Information about the Information Commissioner.