New postgraduate scholarships for 2015/16
There’s never been a better time to study a postgraduate course with us. A Masters level award can help you stand out from the crowd in a competitive job market, earn a better wage and secure roles which are only open to postgraduates
We’re aiming to make a postgraduate qualification affordable.
BCU Masters Scholarships
Register your interest
Applications for our BCU Masters Scholarships 2015/16 have now closed. However, you can still register your interest for future opportunities.
For 2015 entry the University has 42 new £10,000 scholarships available for Masters students from under-represented groups. These scholarships have been jointly funded by the British Government.
Value of award
Each scholarship is worth £10,000: this will cover up to £10,000 of your tuition fee and any leftover will be given to you part way through your course.
The BCU Masters Scholarships will be available to students:
- Domiciled in the UK or EU
- Progressing from an undergraduate course for which they were charged the higher tuition fee (applicable since 2012/13)
- Studying full-time
- Undertaking a Masters course in an eligible subject (exclusions include nursing and teacher training)
- From a group that is evidentially under-represented among the University’s taught Masters population. Further information and conditions will be provided in due course.
Awards will then be allocated on the basis of academic merit.
BCU Academic Excellence Scholarships
Register your interest
Applications for our BCU Academic Excellence Scholarships 2015/16 have now closed. However, you can still register your interest for future opportunities.
For 2015 the University will be funding 60 students to have 50 per cent off their fees. The scholarships will be:
- Allocated 15 per faculty
- Fully funded by the University
- Distributed on the basis of academic excellence
You will be eligible for this scholarship if you meet the following criteria:
- You have, as a minimum, a 2:1 degree classification
- You are currently domiciled in the UK/EU
- You will be studying a full-time Masters course starting in 2015
BCU Loyalty Scholarships
The University is offering Loyalty Scholarships of up to 20 per cent for students who progress to postgraduate study directly from their undergraduate course in the 2015/16 academic year. To be eligible, you must have gained your degree at Birmingham City University (PhD or MPhil graduates are also eligible).
All our faculties will offer a loyalty scholarship of 10 per cent, plus an additional 5-10 per cent subject to meeting certain criteria. The scholarship will apply irrespective of the source of your tuition fee funding.
The International Office also offers separate Loyalty Scholarships for international students.
Hear about the latest funding options
Join the conversation on our Facebook page