Art and Design
There are 73 courses in Art and Design covering subjects such as...
- Architecture / Landscape Architecture
- Art / Digital Arts
- Jewellery / Silversmithing
- Fashion / Fashion Retail
- Illustration / Animation
- Graphic Design / Visual Communication
- Product / Interior Design
- Design management
- Curatorial Practice
- Queer Studies
- Built Environment
There are 52 courses in Media and Communication covering subjects such as...
- Media and Communication
- Journalism (Broadcast / Online / International)
- Public Relations
- Radio / Audio / Music
- TV / Screen Media
- Film Production / Technology / Special Effects
- Games / Games Technology
- Web / New Media / Social MediaMultimedia Technology
- Cultural Policy
- Events and Exhibition Management
Music and Theatre
There are 36 courses in Music and Theatre covering subjects such as...
- Applied Theatre
- Dramatic Text
- Stage Management
- Theatre, Performance and Event Design
- Voice Practice
- Instrumental / Vocal Performance
- Popular Music
- Music Technology / Sound Engineering
- Music Industries / Music Business
New postgraduate courses for 2014
We've launched a new range of integrated postgraduate management courses for 2014. Our faculties are working closely together to deliver a multi-disciplinary learning experience.
Programme combinations of management and a subject specialism will build your expertise to manage in the globalising world and develop key skills and techniques that will enhance your employability in your chosen sector.
The courses cover a wide range of subject disciplines and all have core management modules. They will be taught on a full-time basis, commencing in September 2014 (subject to approval). This combined and innovative approach will provide you with more opportunities to achieve managerial positions in a variety of fields, by blending business theory with subject specific knowledge and experience.
The graduate job market can be very crowded and it can be difficult for graduates to obtain suitable positions, but these new courses, offered as part of the wider postgraduate framework, aim to open up opportunities for you in a variety of sectors.
The proposed new courses are:
- MA Arts and Project Management
- MA Design Innovation Management
- MSc Data Analytics and Management
- MA Fashion Management
- MA Fashion Media Management
- MA Fashion Retail Management
- MA Global Education Management
- MA Global Media Management
- MA Global Media Management (The News Business)
- MA Global Media Management (Advertising Industry)
- MA Global Media Management (The Music Business)
- MSc Oil and Gas Management
- MA Luxury Brand Management
- MA Luxury Jewellery Management
- MA Luxury Product Management
- MA Textile Management
To find out more or register your interest please contact Navdeep Dhillon.
Why choose us?
We enjoy superb links with industry and our graduates are among the most employable around – with the Sunday Times University Guide 2013 ranking us in the top 30 institutions in the UK for placing students in graduate-level jobs.
Students are at the heart of everything we do – our Student Academic Partners scheme teams up students and staff to find ways to make our teaching even better and has won a Times Higher Education Award for ‘Outstanding Student Support’.
Learning your way
We are committed to offering courses at levels and modes of study to suit everyone. As well as an excellent selection of full-time courses, there’s a range of part-time options, including evening and day release, leading to the same qualifications.
Our postgraduate courses allow you to build on existing knowledge or branch off in a new direction. We offer a broad range of specialist postgraduate courses and professional development programmes – from industry-accredited training to academic qualifications up to Master’s level.
The selection process
We want to make sure that you choose the right course for you, so we carefully consider your application to ensure your knowledge, experience and aspirations are suited for your chosen course.
For many courses we will also ask to see a portfolio, or call you for an interview or audition, which will provide you with a further opportunity for us to judge your suitability for the course, and for you to ensure the course is right for you.
Our prospectus offers information on all of our undergraduate courses, as well as providing a way to get a feel for the wider University, our teaching and facilities, and our fabulous home city.
Remember to continue visiting these pages throughout the year for the very latest on course content, entry requirements – and even new courses.