Distance Learning Book Request
If you are a Distance Learner at Birmingham City University, and live in the UK, you are eligible for loanable items in our libraries to be posted to you.
The term "Distance Learner" applies to someone who is enrolled on a course where Birmingham City University has designated the mode of study as "distance learning", rather than somebody who lives a long way from University.
- You may request up to four items to be posted at a time (maximum loan limit 20)
- Items may be available on shelf or on loan to another borrower
- You will be added to a reservation queue for the item if no copy is currently available
- Two week loans will be issued initially for four weeks, but will revert to two weeks on renewal
- We cannot send week loan items by post, but you may borrow in person
- Please be aware that you will have to pay the cost of return postage
- We regret that we cannot post books outside of the UK
List of distance learning courses
Business, Law and Social Sciences
- BA (Hons) Business Management
- MSc. Audit Management and Consultancy
- MSc. Risk Management
- MSc. Psychology (online course)
Health, Education and Life Sciences
- Immunisation and Vaccination Online Moodle Course
- Professional Studies in Health and Social Care (Online Top Up Degree)
- Return to Practice – Speech and Language Therapist
- Social Care Assessment of Vulnerable Women
- FdSc. Rehabiltation Work (Visual Impairment)
- BSc. (Hons) Specialist Complex Needs Rehabilitation Work (Visual Impairment) Top-Up Degree
- BSc. (Hons) Habilitation – Working with Children and Young People Top-Up Degree
Arts, Design and Media
- Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) Advanced Cert.
- Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) Diploma
- PgDip/MA English Linguistics
- MA Social Media
- MA Music Industries
- MA Creative Industries & Cultural Policy
- MA Online Journalism
Computing, Engineering and the Built Environment
- MSc. International Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- MSc. International Project Management
Birmingham City University is committed to safeguarding your personal data. Whenever you provide such information we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information including the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
Contacting us about how we use your information
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about how we use or handle your information please contact the Data Protection Officer at: Data Protection Officer, Information Management Team, Birmingham City University, University House, 15 Bartholomew Row, Birmingham B5 5JU, email email@example.com or call +44 (0) 121 331 5288.
If you are not content with how we handle your information please contact our Data Protection Officer. However you do also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF. Information about the Information Commissioner.
Chat, email or text us your question
We'd love to hear from you, whether you've got a question about the information on this page or want to get in touch about something else.
What to do in an Emergency Situation
In an emergency, including where a First Aider is needed, contact Security on extension...