Library Customer Charter
Our ‘Customer Service Excellence Award’ accredited library service provides access to 62 million resources, over 800 study spaces across four library sites, and support from dedicated library staff for the entire BCU community.
In 2021 our Library and Learning Resources team successfully:
- Answered over 19,000 in-person enquiries.
- Answered over 14,000 virtual enquiries.
- Carried out 1117* library tutorials
Through our work we aim to inspire student achievements, staff productivity and well-being by providing services, information resources and support to deliver the academic and business objectives of the University.
We are committed to ensuring that all our libraries are safe, welcoming, and inclusive and that student satisfaction is placed alongside our commitment to excellent customer service delivery.
Our commitment is to work in partnership with you to deliver a high-quality service.
*Academic year 2021/22
Providing Excellent Customer Service
- We listen to your feedback to develop our services and policies.
- We treat everyone with equal respect and courtesy.
- We communicate with you in a clear, timely, and accurate manner through a variety of routes.
- We ensure that our staff are well trained and supported in order to provide the resources and services you need.
- We use customer insight to prioritise service improvement.
- We value collaborative working with our community including students, staff, alumni, and the wider education community.
Providing Support for your Studies
- We provide access to materials and resources appropriate for your course.
- We inform you about the resources available to you and equipping you with the skills to engage with them.
- We encourage an ethos of lifelong learning to enhance your employability potential.
Providing Spaces Conducive to Learning
- We provide learning spaces appropriate to a variety of study needs.
- We offer a welcoming and accessible environment that embraces equality, diversity, and inclusion.
- We strive to provide a safe, welcoming, and inspirational environment.
Partnering with you
You can help us by:
- Telling us what we do well.
- Telling us how we can improve the resources and services we provide for you.
- Being considerate and respectful to other users when using our resources, services, and library spaces.
- Being respectful to our staff.
Last Updated March 2022
In case of an emergency, including when a First Aider is needed, contact Security from your mobile:
0121 331 6969
... or desk phone extension: