Reset/change library PIN
Your library PIN is a secure 4-digit code used for borrowing library items and laptops.
Whether you are a new or returning student for the 2021-22 academic year, you will need to set a new PIN. If you've set a new PIN recently and have forgotten it, then you can also reset it below.
- On the Library website click Sign in.
- Point My Account
- Click Go to My Account
- Click the Personal details tab
- Click Reset PIN /Password
- Enter a new four digits PIN code if you are a BCU student of staff member.
- If you are an external library member, you can also change your password here.
- Click Save
If you are prompted to login using either "Birmingham City University students and staff" or "Other registered library users":
- If you are a registered student or full staff member, select "Birmingham City University students and staff".
- If you are an associate member of staff or a member of one of our external borrowing schemes, select "Other registered library users" and enter you username/password.
Alternatively drop by one of our library helpdesks during staffed hours to enquire about resetting or changing your library PIN.
In case of an emergency, including when a First Aider is needed, contact Security from your mobile:
0121 331 6969
... or desk phone extension: