IT & Print Support
The IT team is here to offer advice, support and technical assistance.
I need help with...
- Contacting IT Support Online
- Contact IT Support by Phone
- Locating an IT Help Desk on Campus
- Borrowing/Returning a Laptop
Contacting IT Support Online
To contact a member of our support team online:
Contact IT Support by Phone
To contact the support team by phone:
0121 331 6543
Locating an IT Help Desk on Campus
You can visit our support team on campus:
- Seacole Ground Floor Courtyard
- Curzon Ground Floor C033A
- Parkside Bridge Level 2
- Vittoria Street Admin office
- Margaret Street Admin office
- Steamhouse Ground Floor Tech Hub
A4: Black & White 5p, Colour 25p
A3: Black & White 10p, Colour 35p
How do I purchase printing credits?
You can purchase print credits through the MY PRINT Dashboard
You will need to sign in with your BCU email address and password. This will allow you to top up your printing credit and manage your print history in one place.
You will need to purchase printing credits before you can print from university printers, please note, only top-up for what you need to print as print credits are non-refundable
For further printing, scanning or copying help visit: BCU Print Help
Borrowing/Returning a Laptop
Returning a laptop
Laptops should be returned to the locker from which they were borrowed. The laptop must be plugged back in using the cable in the locker as this will register the laptop as being returned.
How long can I loan the laptop for?
At this time, you are able to loan a Windows laptop for a maximum of 6 hours. Mac laptops can only be loaned for up to 4 hours.
Can I take the laptop off-campus?
No. At this time we are asking that you return the laptop the day you loan it, before leaving site and before 5pm where possible.
Terms and conditions
The laptop loan service is available to current Birmingham City University students only.
- By using the loan service, you agree to ensure the safety and security of the laptop and accessories at all times; and to be liable for any loss, theft or damage to the equipment, including but not limited to those arising from food and drink, accidental damage or misuse, to a maximum of £ (replacement cost). You may want to consider taking out insurance against these eventualities. As bailee to the University, you can insure the equipment as if it were your own.
- You agree to abide by the Policy for Use of Computer Systems and Networks at Birmingham City University https://icity.bcu.ac.uk/IT/Students/IT-Security Failure to comply with this policy or these Terms and Conditions will result in action being taken under the Birmingham City University Student Disciplinary Process which could affect both your access to and the outcome of your studies.
- Failure to return the equipment on time could affect your ability to access other University resources and services. Fines will be accrued at the rate of £1 per hour or part thereof for overdue equipment and will be added to your library account. Unpaid fines will be converted to university debt. You will not be able to loan a laptop if you have outstanding library fines or other University debts.
- Birmingham City University IT are not responsible for any loss of data as a result of using the laptops. Always save your work to a suitable and safe location.
More Policies and Guidance
When using the laptops, you must adhere to:
In case of an emergency, including when a First Aider is needed, contact Security from your mobile:
0121 331 6969
... or desk phone extension: