IT & Print Support
The IT team offers helpful technical support via email, phone 0121 331 6543, Twitter @BCU_IT_HELP and in person* at the following locations:
- City Centre Campus – Parkside Building, Level 2 Bridge
- City Centre Campus – Curzon Building Ground Floor, C033A
- City South Campus – Seacole Building Ground Floor Courtyard
*Physical desks are only available to students at this time. Staff should continue to email for help.
Borrow a laptop
To borrow a laptop, visit one of our Lapsafe lockers at:
- Parkside, Level 2 Bridge
- Curzon, Next to the Student Hub, near the first floor entrance to the Library and on the ground floor opposite The Hive.
- Millennium Point, Third Floor Social Area
- City South, Ground floor, Seacole Courtyard
- Vittoria St, Adjacent to the Faculty Office
- Margaret St, Reception next to Security.
You will need your student ID card and must accept the terms and conditions which are detailed opposite.
Returning a laptop
Laptops should be returned to the locker from which they were borrowed. They will then be quarantined and cleaned before being available to loan out again. Find out more here.
How long can I loan the laptop for?
At this time you are able to loan a Windows laptop for a maximum of 6 hours. Mac laptops can only be loaned for up to 4 hours.
Can I take the laptop off-campus?
No. At this time we are asking that you return the laptop the day you loan it, before leaving site and before 5pm where possible.
Terms and conditions
- Laptops can only be loaned by current BCU students with their ID card
- The borrowed laptop is your responsibility - you are liable for any damage, loss or theft
- If the laptop is lost or stolen whilst in your possession, you will be fined £500 and further criminal action may be taken
- If the laptop is damaged whilst in your possession this may result in a fine
- While we test all loan equipment regularly, we recommend you test the laptop on borrowing to ensure that it is working properly and report any issues to the IT Help Desk as soon as possible
- Do not save your work on this laptop - only save to your Z drive or OneDrive
More Policies and Guidance
A4: Black & White 5p, Colour 25p
A3: Black & White 10p, Colour 35p
How do I purchase printing credits?
You can purchase print credits through the MY PRINT Dashboard
You will need to sign in with your BCU email address and password. This will allow you to top up your printing credit and manage your print history in one place.
You will need to purchase printing credits before you can print from university printers, please note, only top-up for what you need to print as print credits are non-refundable
For further printing, scanning or copying help visit: BCU Print Help
Contact and feedback
We'd love to hear from you, whether you want to ask a question or report an issue.
Subscribe and stay up to date with the latest service announcements.
In case of an emergency, including when a First Aider is needed, contact Security from your mobile:
0121 331 6969
... or desk phone extension: