City Centre Campus – Parkside Building, Level 2 Bridge
City Centre Campus – Curzon Building, C173
City South Campus – Seacole Building, 361
Click the button on the left to check PC availability at all our sites.This is a real time service so when you find a free machine, try to get to it as quickly as possible.
Borrow a Laptop
To borrow a laptop, visit one of our Lapsafe lockers at:
- Parkside, Level 2 Bridge
- Curzon, Next to the Student Hub, near the first floor entrance to the Library and on the ground floor opposite The Hive.
- Millennium Point, Third Floor Social Area
- City South, Mary Seacole Library
- Vittoria St, Adjacent to the Faculty Office
- Margaret St, Reception next to Security
- City North, 1st floor Baker building by ASK desk
You will need your student ID card and must accept the terms and conditions which are detailed opposite.
Returning a Laptop
- Touch the screen and scan your ID card where indicated.
- Place the laptop and power adapter into the flashing locker.
- Plug the laptop back in using the cable in the locker: this will register the laptop as being returned.
- Close the door, and check that the red light is on.
- To print a return receipt Touch the screen to print a return receipt Scan your ID card.
- You will receive a return receipt detailing your student ID number, locker number and the date and time of return
How long can I loan the laptop for?
- Click the link in the reminder email when your laptop is due back
- Visit https://capitadiscovery.co.uk/bcu/login
Can I take the laptop off-campus?
Terms and conditions
- Laptops can only be loaned by current BCU students with their ID card
- The borrowed laptop is your responsibility - you are liable for any damage, loss or theft
- If the laptop is lost or stolen whilst in your possession, you will be fined £500 and further criminal action may be taken
- If the laptop is damaged whilst in your possession this may result in a fine
- While we test all loan equipment regularly, we recommend you test the laptop on borrowing to ensure that it is working properly and report any issues to the IT Help Desk as soon as possible
- Do not save your work on this laptop - only save to your Z drive or OneDrive
More Policies and Guidance
Get in touch
We'd love to hear from you, whether you've got a question about the information on this page or want to get in touch about something else.