Services for staff
Services and support for staff
Request a teaching session
An academic library service has an integral part to play in a positive student experience. If you are a new or existing member of staff we aim to show you how Library and Learning Resources can help your students achieve their full potential. We also offer a full range of resources to support your academic research.
Librarians will attend a range of departmental and staff and student meetings to discuss library matters with students and academic staff - we always welcome your feedback.
Collection Management and Engagement Team
As a team we aim to engage with, and be embedded within, the academic teams we support; attending a range of student and staff meeting to discuss and promote library resources and services and align with academic priorities. We can support you with:
Learning, Teaching and Research Team
We support you and your students with activities to supplement your teaching:
- Tutorials with staff and students offering support on using library materials (print and electronic) and developing search strategies so that library users can get the most from our resources.
- Workshop sessions for students, highlighting key resources and explaining how to develop search strategies to ensure that students get the information they need for their research and assignments.
- In-class/online library induction sessions for new intakes of students, and refresher sessions for returning students. These sessions will introduce library services, and the print and electronic resources students will need during their course.
Customer Services Team
We are the front line team who:
- Offer virtual and in-person enquiry support for all subjects and levels.
- Promote the library during open days and welcome events.
- Run monthly drop-in sessions on specific topics.
- Provide a 24/7 chat service for you and your students on all aspects of library services and subject support, including referencing.
Contacting your subject librarians
You can find the librarians for each course listed on each subject guide.
In case of an emergency, including when a First Aider is needed, contact Security from your mobile:
0121 331 6969
... or desk phone extension: