- JISC (Joint Information Systems Committee)
IRUS-UK (Institutional Repository Usage Statistics UK) is a national aggregation service, which provides COUNTER-conformant usage statistics for all content downloaded from participating UK institutional repositories (IRs).
Evidence Base has been actively involved in the area of institutional repository usage statistics for a number of years, conducting evaluations, gathering user requirements and producing case studies. Evidence Base is also supporting the development of IRUSdataUK, which provides consistent usage statistics for research data.
Links to project outputs
Visit the IRUS-UK website https://irus.jisc.ac.uk/
The service consolidates COUNTER-conformant statistics providing opportunities to demonstrate the value and impact of IRs.
- Facilitates comparable, standards-based measurements
- Provides an evidence base for repositories to develop policies and initiatives to help support their objectives
- Provides consistent and comprehensive statistics, presenting opportunities for benchmarking at a national level
- Developing a user community that will ensure that the service is responsive to user requirements