Due to the current Coronavirus pandemic, there may be some changes to services listed on this page. More information can be found on our dedicated support page. For more information, including details on how we are supporting our applicants, please see our latest updates.
Library & Learning Resources is offering a revised Inter-Library Loans service during the COVID-19 outbreak. We apologise for any inconvenience caused by these changes. Please read the information below for details:
- We regret that we are unable to supply print materials, including full books and other print items, either for loan, reference only access or retention.
- We may be able to supply journal articles and a book chapters in electronic format only, delivered to your university email address, subject to availability. As many of our suppliers are also operating reduced services, it may take longer than usual to supply your requested item.
- Please note that due to copyright restrictions we cannot supply more than one article from any one issue of a journal, or more than one chapter from a book.
- You may notice a change to our usual request form. If you are unsure how to complete it please contact us by email and we will help.
- If you have an Inter-Library Loan out at the moment, please retain the item until further notice. Please do not attempt to return it to campus, either in person or by post.
- If your loan is due for return or renewal, please do not worry. We are working with our suppliers to renew items, and we will advise you of the new return by dates as soon as possible. No renewal fees or fines will apply until further notice.
- If you were due to pick up an Inter-Library Loan, I regret we can no longer provide access to the item. Please do not attempt to collect your Inter-Library Loan in person at any of our library sites. This applies to both loans and printed copies of journal articles/ book chapters. You may resubmit your request once the service is back to normal.
Submit your requests with our new online form:
Please email the Inter-Library Loans team with your questions at: ILL.Office@bcu.ac.uk
Chat, email or text us your question
We'd love to hear from you, whether you've got a question about the information on this page or want to get in touch about something else.
What to do in an Emergency Situation
In an emergency, including where a First Aider is needed, contact Security on extension...