Our music technology facilities are some of the best of their kind in the country. All of our studios are capable of recording from any of our concert halls or live rooms.
- Recording and production studio equipped with ICON D-Command, Focusrite ISA828, Pro Tools HD, Genelec 5.1 Monitoring and ATC Stereo Monitoring
- Recording and production studio equipped with a state of the art Solid State Logic Duality mixing desk, Pro Tools HD and ATC Stereo Monitoring
- Recording studio, equipped with Audient ASP8024 Large-Frame analogue console with Mac Pro, Genelec Stereo and Yamaha NS10 Stereo monitoring, and Studer Analogue tape machine
- Three Pro Tools HD-equipped edit and production studio suites with High Definition Video editing capability and 7.1 surround systems and a range of vintage synths.
- Medium-sized room suitable for chamber groups and bands. Equipped with a Steinway grand piano, Mapex drum kit, Marshall, Peavey and Line 6 amplifiers.
- Small room suitable for production-based projects and vocals, etc.
Microphones and outboard
- Substantial microphone collection of over 150 michrophones comprising DPA, Neumann, Soundfield, Sennheiser, Schoeps, AKG, Rode, SE electronics, t.bone ribbon, Shure
- Wide range of studio outboard mic preamps and compressors from SSL, API, Neve, Universal Audio, Drawmer, Focusrite and Warm Audio.
- iMac Lab – comprising ten professional digital audio workstations (iMacs)
- Music for media lab – eight professional Apple Mac workstations set up to enable production and editing of music with moving image
- Recital Hall – unique to the Conservatoire, this bespoke live electronics venue comprises a Yamaha DM2000, iMac, and flexible d&b audiotechnik 10.2+ surround system
- Adrian Boult Hall – Behringer X32 Digital live console, RCF line Array, DPA and Neumann servo-reeler stage microphone recording system
- Research room
- Various portable recording, editing and live electronics systems.
- All studio systems run the latest software, including Logic Pro, Pro Tools, Waves Audio Plugin bundles and Sonnox Elite Plugin bundle
- All lab systems run Logic Pro, Pro Tools, Sibelius, MaxMSP/Jitter, PD, IRCAM and Integra Software
- Other software available includes Celemony Melodyne, Native Instruments, Digital Performer
- To remain abreast of changes in the industry, all machines and software are continually upgraded.
New Birmingham Conservatoire Building Opens 2017
Work has begun on our amazing new building, find out more: