Map and Directions
- Paradise Place
- Fletchers Walk
- B3 3HG
- United Kingdom
- 0121 331 5901/5902
- Map and directions
- View via Google map
Inter-campus travel map
- View the location of all our campuses (PDF)
Directions - By Road
Allow extra travel time due to Paradise Birmingham redevelopment
Birmingham Conservatoire is located in Paradise Circus and the redevelopment of this area of Birmingham city centre started in January 2015.
While the city council is committed to keeping Birmingham working throughout the redevelopment, there will be some disruption around the area.
If you are travelling by car, use alternative routes if you can. If you still need to drive into the Paradise area, you should allow extra time for your journey because you may face delays and follow the diversions.Paradise Birmingham information leaflet
From M6 South or North-West
Leave the M6 at Junction 6 and follow the A38(M). Follow signs to ‘City centre, Bromsgrove, (A38)’. Do not take any left exit. Go over one flyover and through one Queensway tunnel (signposted ‘Bromsgrove and Queen Elizabeth Hospital’). Leave this tunnel indicating left, but stay in the right-hand lane of the slip road. Birmingham Conservatoire is located on the Paradise Circus roundabout.
From M5 South-West
Leave the M5 at Junction 3 and travel towards Birmingham City Centre along the A456 (Hagley Road) for 5 miles to the Five Ways roundabout. This is easily distinguishable as it is surrounded by large office blocks and a Tesco store. Keep in the outside lane and go under the roundabout into Broad Street using the underpass. Drive along Broad Street (the International Convention Centre will be on your left) to the Paradise Circus roundabout.
From M40 Oxford and South
Arrive on the M42 and travel west towards the M5 Travel north on the M5 leaving at Junction 3. Follow directions ‘From M5 south-west’.
From M42 East Midlands
Join the M6 heading towards Birmingham Central and leave the M6 at Junction 6. Follow directions ‘From M6 south or north-west’.
Car parking at the Conservatoire is very limited and we regret we cannot offer parking spaces to visitors. However, there are several council run car parks located close by. During the Paradise Circus redevelopment scheme, the most conveniently located car park is the Town Hall multi-storey car park on Brunel Street (post code B1 1TA). From here it's a short walk to the entrance to the Conservatoire, which is located on Fletcher's Walk during the redevelopment.
Directions - By Rail
From Birmingham New Street Station (Grand Central)
Birmingham Conservatoire is situated five minutes' walk from Birmingham New Street station, where there are regular rail connections to all parts of the country. Trains arrive every half an hour from London Euston; the journey time is approximately 1 hour 40 minutes.
- Leave New Street station via the exit signposted ‘Exit to Victoria Square’
- Exit onto Navigation Street, cross the road and continue up Hill Street towards the Town Hall
- When you reach the Town Hall, turn left onto Paradise Street and then cross at the pedestrian crossing onto Fletcher's Walk
- The temporary entrance to the Conservatoire is located here during the local redevelopment. There are signs in place directing visitors to the Conservatoire once you reach the Town Hall, which should assist navigation.
From Birmingham Snow Hill Rail and Metro Station
The Conservatoire is 10 minutes’ walk from Birmingham Snow Hill Rail and Metro Station. The rail station offers regular connections from London Marylebone (via Warwick and Banbury), Stratford-upon-Avon, Kidderminster and other local destinations. The Midland Metro light rail system serves local destinations en route to Wolverhampton.
- Leave Snow Hill Station via the main exits onto Colmore Row
- Turn right onto Colmore Row and follow it to the end (Victoria Square)
- Cross the Square, heading slightly left towards the Town Hall
- Turn left at the Town Hall and right along Paradise Street
- Cross the Pedestrian crossing onto Fletcher's Walk, where the temporary entrance to the Conservatoire is located
Directions - By Air
Birmingham International Airport is well served by both bus and rail links, as well as by black cab taxis. The airport is approximately 30 minutes from the city centre by road, or 10 minutes by rail (arriving into Birmingham New Street station).