Royal Birmingham Conservatoire receives requests from a wide variety of organisations and individuals to provide musicians for corporate functions, weddings and civil partnerships, receptions and family occasions to full recitals for music clubs and societies. We also provide vocal soloists for oratorio and choral society performances, and concerto soloists for orchestral concerts. We also engage musicians for freelance orchestral work, recording sessions, accompaniment, composition, and arrangements.
The music on offer is as varied as the number of groups available. We can supply individuals from solo harpists and classical pianists through to jazz duos and trio up to wind and brass quintets.
To be eligible for these engagements, students, either as individuals or groups, must be recommended by their Head of Department. The professional engagements team can then hope to match the correct group with each booking. Each engagement is different from the next and all bookings are individually tailored to the client's requirements.
What can we offer?
- Solo classical pianist
- String duo, trio, and quartet
- Solo Cello
- Solo harp
- Harp and flute/guitar
- Wind trio and quintet
- Solo guitar, guitar duo, guitar trio
- Saxophone quartet
- Trombone quartet
- Brass quintet/dectet
- Vocal soloist and quartet/octet
- Solo jazz pianist (with own keyboard)
- Jazz duo - keyboard and double bass/saxophone/trumpet, guitar duo
- Jazz trio - keyboard, double bass and saxophone/trumpet, OR keyboard, double bass and drums
- Jazz quartet - keyboard, double bass, drums and saxophone/trumpet
- Jazz quintet - keyboard, double bass, drums, saxophone/trumpet and voice
World, period, and contemporary musicians
- Folk ensemble
- Function bands
- Early Music ensemble
- Fanfare trumpets
RBC musicians can be hired as soloists or in a variety of ensemble sizes. We place a high emphasis on the musicians' professionalism, presentation, and appropriate programming.
The RBC is in line with current industry rates and fees are negotiated according to the requirements of each particular event.