Professor Pascal Nemirovski
International Chair in Piano
Pascal Nemirovski is recognised as one of the most sought-after piano pedagogues in the world with many of his students winning top international prizes (Leeds, Busoni, Ettlingen, YCA New York, YCAT London, BBC New Generation Artist…) and are now successful recording artists represented by major Concert Artist Management companies (Harrison Parrott, Askonas Holt, Intermusica, Columbia Artist Management…). Among them Lise de la Salle, Louis Schwizgebel, Daniel Lebhardt ...
He studied at the Juilliard School with Nadia Reisenberg and Adele Marcus from 1981 to 1984 on a full scholarship (Steinway & Freundlich Fund). Then he continued his studies in Paris with France Clidat and Alexis Weissenberg and started to give concerts and masterclasses in Europe, the United States and Asia.
At the age of 28, his vocation for teaching was recognised by violinist Vladimir Spivakov who invited him to teach and supervise the Masterclasses of the International Festival of Colmar and was the youngest professor, among internationally renowned figures including Dmitri Bashkirov, Pascal Devoyon, Gary Graffman, Vladimir Krainev, Reina Shereshevskaia, Tatiana Zelikman...
Since this experience, he started to be invited to give lectures, Masterclasses, workshops all over the world:
- China: Shanghai Conservatory & Middle school, Beijing Central and China Conservatory & Middle school, Shenzhen Arts School and Guangzhou Conservatory & Middle school.
- Finland: Sibelius Academy, Helsinki.
- France: MusicAlp, Courchevel and Tignes. Colmar, International Festival, Conservatoire Supérieur de Paris.
- Germany: Edwin Fisher Summer Academy, Potsdam.
- Ireland: Royal Irish Academy of Music, Dublin.
- Italy: MusicFestPerugia, Perugia. Conservatorio Claudio Monteverdi, Bolzano. Bergamo International Music Festival. Academia Internationale di Musica e Arte, Rome.
- Israel: Buchmann-Mehta School of music, Tel-Aviv and The Jerusalem Music Centre.
- Lithuania: Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre, Vilnius.
- Philippines: University of Santo Tomas. University of the Philippines.
- Russia: Moscow Conservatory and Central school of Music attached to the Conservatory.
- Spain: Real Conservatorio Superior de Música de Madrid, Valencia International Performance Academy and Festival, Campillos International Piano Competition, Talent Music Summer Courses & Festival.
- Taiwan: International Taipei Maestro Piano Festival, National Taiwan Normal University.
- South Korea: Tchaikovsky International Piano Competition for young musicians, Seoul.
- UK: Royal College of Music, Chetham’s International Summer School and Festival for Pianists, Manchester. Cadenza, Purcell School, Oxford University.
- USA: Young Concert Artists, New-York. Manhattan International Music Competition. San José International Piano Competition. Piano Texas International Festival & Academy.
He is also very much in demand as a jury member at International Piano Competitions throughout the world and has been appointed Artistic Director and Chairman of the Jury of the “Concours International de Piano Antoine de Saint-Exupéry” (Saint-Priest/Lyon, France) in 2017.
For 10 years, he has taught at the Royal Academy of Music in London and was awarded Honorary Associate of the Royal Academy of Music (Hon ARAM). Having much experience in teaching, he was also responsible for the Subject Specialism “Piano Pedagogy” for LRAM (Licentiate of the Royal Academy of Music) and edited two books. During this period, he also taught at the Purcell School.
In 2016, he joined Royal Birmingham Conservatoire, where he now holds the position of “International Chair” in Piano.
His CD “Entre Ciel et Terre” devoted to Chopin, Prokofiev and Scriabin has been unanimously acclaimed by the press.
Pascal Nemirovski is a Steinway Artist.
Pascal Nemirovski is proud to have been involved in the teaching of these prize-winning pianists from Royal Birmingham Conservatoire:
- Luigi Carroccia (Italy)
- Van Cliburn International Piano Competition (2017), USA: Quarter-Finalist.
- Emanuil Ivanov (Bulgaria)
- Busoni International Piano Competition(2019), Italy: 1st Prize.
- Casagrande International Piano Competition (2019) & Audience Prize, Italy: 2nd Prize.
- Andrei Ivanov (Belarus)
- Valencia International Piano Competition (2017), Spain: 4th Prize and winner of the “Best Interpreter of Spanish Music”.
- Birmingham International Piano Competition (2018), UK: 3rd Prize.
- Roman Kosyakov (Russia)
- Hastings International Piano Concerto Competition (2018), UK: 1st Prize, the Audience Prize and the “ Royal Philharmonic Orchestra” Prize.
- Sheepdrove Inter-Collegiate Piano Competition (2018), UK: 1st Prize and the Audience Prize.
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry International Piano Competition (2017), France: 4th Prize.
- Daniel Lebhardt (Hungary)
- Represented by Askonas Holt
- Young Concert Artists auditions (YCA), Paris and New York: 1st Prize.Young Classical Artists Trust (YCAT), London: 1st Prize.
- Sydney International Piano Competition (2016): Most Promising Pianist prize.
- Edward Leung (USA)
- Gold Medal Winner Donohoe Prize (2017).
- Delia Hall Prize for Accompanists.
- Piano Campus International Piano Competition (2018), France: 3rd Prize.
- Winner Brighton and Hove Concerto Competition (2018).
- Winner, Appelbe Piano Prize of the North London Festival of Music & Drama and Winner, Watford International Piano Competition.