HOW TO MAKE A CLEARING CALL
It’s results day, emotions are high and picking up the phone is probably the last thing you want to do. We’re here to reassure you that it’s not as scary as it seems and to explain exactly what you will be asked for on the call so that you can be prepared on the day.
1. Get ready
Firstly, grab a cup of tea and settle in for your chat with one of our friendly advisors. Remember, they are here to help you find your perfect course, so there’s no need to be nervous.
If you’re calling on results day, there may be a queue but don’t worry, you’ll get through! If you’ve been waiting to get through to someone on our hotline for more than five minutes, you’ll be given the option of receiving a call back. Meaning that you can hold your place in the queue without sitting on the phone for ages. We’ll call you back once it’s your turn.
Also, make sure you’re the person giving us a call. We can’t talk about your application with friends, parents or carers, so make sure you’re the one doing the talking.
2. The call
During the clearing call we'll ask you a number of things, for example:
- Your personal details (name, address, email, phone number).
- Your UCAS number and Clearing number – you should be able to find these on your UCAS Hub account.
- The name of the course(s) you want to apply for.
- Your results – both A-Level/BTEC/T-Level and your GCSEs or equivalents. Make sure you tell us the subject and the name of your qualification (e.g. BTEC Extended Diploma).
- A pen and paper to make any notes or take down important telephone numbers or email addresses we may provide.
- Any questions you might want to ask us!
3. Get your place!
Hopefully you're now fully prepared and informed ahead of clearing. If there's anything you aren't sure on, we’re here to help you and give you any advice and guidance you need.