Careers and Job Prospects
What we provide
The Careers and Job Prospects service aims to help develop and improve the employability of our students and graduates. We provide specialist one-to-one advice, careers management sessions and employment activities covering:
- Reviewing CVs, covering letters and application forms
- Career planning and decision making
- Options with a subject/degree
- Preparing for interviews and assessment centres
- Developing portfolios
- Networking with employers
- Advice about self-employment and entrepreneurship
- Postgraduate Study
Current students can find us on iCity
Student Services info is available on our student portal, iCity (A university login is required).
We also provide:
- Access to full time work, part time jobs, work experience, and internships via our online jobs board.
- A 24/7 online Ask Us service for careers and job queries.
- Regular recruitment and employment events including employer led presentations, workshops, and fairs.
- Access to business mentors to develop your understanding of the world of work.
- Information on graduate destinations. Illustrating what our graduates are doing now.
If you are an employer looking to raise your profile on campus, consider becoming a mentor or promoting your work opportunities to our students and graduates. For more information, please visit our business services.
I create contemporary art and my work is about joy, light, texture and colour and use traditional...
Whilst at Birmingham City University I learnt a vast array of skills that have allowed me to...
Birmingham City University also equipped me with knowledge and understanding of Marketing,...
I feel my studies were invaluable to gaining the position that I am in now, and I feel it gives me...
I decided to apply after attending the open day and viewing the facilities that were available to...
Our Code of Practice
The Careers and Job Prospects team are members of Association of Graduate Careers Advisory Services (AGCAS), Association of Graduate Recruiters (AGR) and National Association of Student Employment Services (NASES).
The team work to all the ethics and professional standards set by the professional bodies. Our service has gained the Matrix quality award for the quality of service that we provide and we are fully accredited by the Mentoring and Befriending Foundation for our Inspiring Futures mentoring scheme.
Keep up to date and join us on:
- Visit us at our offices around the University
- T: +44 (0)121 331 5588
- Send an online query to Ask Us, our e-query service and we will reply within three working days.
- Join us at one of our regular online, ChatLive events
Course Enquiries Team
The Course Enquiries Team is a dedicated information and guidance centre for prospective students wanting to find out about the courses we offer at Birmingham City University. We offer a range of advice from entry qualifications and how to apply, to help with finding accommodation and managing your finances.