The built environment is a broad topic within which much research naturally falls, given the wide range of disciplines represented in this research centre. Research and publication here covers such topics as facilities management, surveying, development, property law etc.
- Within facilities management there is an interest in healthcare facilities - their design, their management to control infection such as MRSA.
- Within property law there is a focus on dispute resolution, and landlord and tenant law where Julian Sidoli del Ceno, a barrister, writes frequent practice commentaries on this radpidly changing topic.
- There is a developing body of work on stakeholders and their involvement in aspects of development and management processes.
- Cross-cultural issues and project management have been explored in contexts ranging from Chinese development practices to the London Olympic stadium.
- Valuation is an emerging interest.