Centre for Environment and Society Research
The Centre for Research in Environment and Society Research is explicitly trans-disciplinary which is indicated by the Centre's membership. The list of members follows:
- David Adams - Lecturer in Planning
- Abdul-Rasheed Amidu - Lecturer in Real Estate
- David Boyd - Centre Director; Professor of Construction
- Claudia Carter - Lecturer in Environmental Management and Policy
- David Chapman - Professor of Planning
- Rachel Curzon - Senior Lecturer in Planning
- Julian Lamb - Senior Lecturer
- Peter Larkham - Professor of Planning
- Nick Morton - Head, Birmingham School of the Built Environment
- Mark Reed - Professor of Interdisciplinary Environmental Research
- Alister Scott - Professor of Environmental and Spatial Planning
- Julian Sidoli del Ceno - Senior Lecturer
- Nairaj Thurairajah - Senior Lecturer in Quantity Surveying
- Hong Xiao - Senior Lecturer
Professor Richard Wakeford is Visiting Professor of Environment, Land Use and Rural Studies. He is currently Chair of the OECD Rural Working Party – an international forum for reviewing and comparing best practice in rural development policy and delivery. He also chairs the UK Sustainable Development Research Network. He was previously Director General Environment in the Scottish Government, and Chief Executive of the Countryside Agency in England.
Dr Joe Nasr (Visiting Research Fellow) is associated with the Centre for Studies in Food Security at Ryerson University, Toronto. He is currently interested in urban agriculture, having co-authored Carrot City: creating places for urban agriculture, and coordinates the peripatetic Carrot City exhibition. He also works on reconstruction planning history with Peter Larkham.
Dr Toofan Haghani (Visiting Research Fellow) continues to develop his interests in urban form and fractal representations, working with Peter Larkham. He is currently a design practitioner based in Tehran.