Centre for Environment and Society Research
The Centre for Research in Environment and Society Research is explicitly trans-disciplinary which is indicated by the Centre's membership. The list of members follows:
- David Adams - Lecturer in Planning
- Abdul-Rasheed Amidu - Lecturer in Real Estate
- David Boyd - Centre Director; Professor of Construction
- Claudia Carter - Reader in Environmental Governance
- David Chapman - Professor of Planning
- Rachel Curzon - Senior Lecturer in Planning
- Peter Larkham - Professor of Planning
- Nick Morton - Associate Dean, TEE
- Mark Reed - Professor of Interdisciplinary Environmental Research
- Alister Scott - Professor of Environmental and Spatial Planning
- Julian Sidoli del Ceno - Reader in Property Law and Dispute Resolution
- Nairaj Thurairajah - Senior Lecturer in Quantity Surveying
- Hong Xiao - Senior Lecturer
Professor Richard Wakeford is Visiting Professor of Environment, Land Use and Rural Studies. He is currently Chair of the OECD Rural Working Party – an international forum for reviewing and comparing best practice in rural development policy and delivery. He also chairs the UK Sustainable Development Research Network. He was previously Director General Environment in the Scottish Government, and Chief Executive of the Countryside Agency in England.
Professor David Jellings is a Visiting Professor specialising in Building Information Modelling. David is Managing Director of Solibri Ltd, and set up the Open BIM Network in 2012.
Dr Joe Nasr (Visiting Research Fellow) is associated with the Centre for Studies in Food Security at Ryerson University, Toronto. He is currently interested in urban agriculture, having co-authored 'Carrot City: creating places for urban agriculture', and coordinates the peripatetic Carrot City exhibition. He also works on reconstruction planning history with Peter Larkham.
Dr Toofan Haghani (Visiting Research Fellow) continues to develop his interests in urban form and fractal representations, working with Peter Larkham. He is currently a design practitioner based in Tehran.
Roslan bin Talib (Visiting Research Fellow) is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Housing, Building & Planning, at Universiti Sains Malaysia, Penang. He is undertaking research in Building Surveying on building maintenance, interior defects, and flat roofing systems. While he is with us, he will be formulating a new framework for building leakages which produce interior defects. He will be using comparisons between UK and Malaysian cases to find better practices.
Dr Zaemah Zainuddin (Visiting Research Fellow) is a Senior Lecturer in Finance at School of Economics, Finance and Banking (SEFB), College of Business, Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM). She obtained her Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration from Drexel University, USA (1998), Masters of Funds Management from the University of New South Wales, Australia (2003) and finally her PhD in Real Estate Finance from Lincoln University, New Zealand (2011). She is spending a year with CESR researching Real Estate Investment Trusts.