Primary and early years partnerships
- BA (Hons) with QTS
- PGCE Primary & Early Years
- Mentor Training
- Teachers' Standards
- Partnership Information
We will be running training sessions for New School Mentors this academic year however, specific dates of Mentor Training sessions are currently in the process of being confirmed. Once confirmed, these dates will appear in this section. Please contact the Partnership Team on 0121 331 7303 if you wish to be notified of these dates once they are confirmed.
"Thank you for all of your support during my school-based mentor training. I have found the whole process to be useful and informative. The training file provided all of the key information needed to undertake my role and helped me to reflect upon my own practice, both as a student mentor and as a manager of teacher-training provision within my setting. Meeting with other mentors provided an excellent opportunity to compare notes and ensure that my practice was in line with others in different schools and authorities.
"I particularly appreciated the chance to moderate end point reviews with other mentors, as this has given me confidence in my own judgements. Finally, the hands-on support, that you yourself have provided, has enabled me to gain confidence in my own skills and I look forward to working with you again in the future".
Longford Primary School
There are a number of opportunities for colleagues in school to work more closely with the School of Education to develop and enhance their personal and professional development.
The list below is not exhaustive and if you would like to work more closely with us, please contact the Primary and Early Years Partnership Team.
- MA Education modules - please contact Amanda French or Hugh Johnson for further details
- Partnership Training Events as published on the website
- Working as part of the interview team who select trainees for Initial Teacher Training courses
- Delivering taught sessions for Initial Teacher Training courses
- Being a panel member for the review and development of courses
- Previous students can maintain links with the University and get involved in various activities through the Alumni Association.