Request a reference

The University can provide two different types of reference, depending upon your requirements.

Verification of studies

Graduates are eligible to receive a verification of study letter which will contain the following information (where available); student number, student name (as enrolled), date of birth, study start and end dates, course title as well as award title and classification if applicable.

This letter can be requested directly via the MySRS portal by selecting 'Award' from the ‘Graduation’ tab and will be emailed within an attachment to your BCU and personal email addresses.

If you no longer have access to the MySRS portal you can email but please allow 30 days for an initial response and include the following information:

  • Full name (as recorded when you were enrolled)
  • Date of Birth
  • Student ID number (if known)
  • Course studied
  • Date course was completed

Character reference

If you require a character reference completed by someone who knows you personally, please get in touch with the Faculty Student Centre for your course.

Faculty Student Centre contacts