Book a place at our next Open Days

Saturday 3 October and 14 November 2015, 9am - 3pm

Health care

It's very important that you're registered with a doctor during your time at university. It's much more difficult to seek medical attention if you're feeling ill and you don’t have a doctor.

If you're new to Birmingham, you'll either need to register with the University’s health care provider or with a GP near your term-time address. Your GP at home will not be able to provide you with an 'out of hours' service (evenings / weekends). We encourage new students to register with our health care provider Handsworth Wood Medical Centre, which runs surgeries from two of our campuses.

You can register before you arrive online at the Vitality Partnership's website, or in person at our registration weekend in mid-September (details in your university accommodation), or at our medical rooms on our City North Campus.

Who can register with us?

We register students living in the following postcode areas:

City North Campus – B6, B18, B19, B20, B21 and B42.

City Centre sites – B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B6, B7, B12 and B19.

City South Campus – B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B15, B16, B17 and B18.

If you will not be living in the areas listed above, you can visit the NHS website and search for a doctor in your area by simply typing in your postcode. You'll also find dentists, opticians and pharmacists in your area using the same website, plus a wide selection of health care advice.