Clearing - lets talk about you

Clearing. Let's talk about you.

Places available to start this September.

Clearing 2017

Health care

It's very important that you're registered with a doctor during your time at university. It's much more difficult to seek medical attention if you're feeling ill and you don’t have a doctor.

If you're new to Birmingham, you'll either need to register with the University’s health care provider or with a GP near your term-time address. Your GP at home will not be able to provide you with an 'out of hours' service (evenings / weekends). We encourage new students to register with our health care provider Handsworth Wood Medical Centre, which runs surgeries from two of our campuses.

You can register before you arrive online here, or in person at our registration weekend in mid-September (details in your university accommodation), or at our medical rooms.

Who can register with us?

We register any students currently living in the Birmingham area.

If you would prefer to register with a different practice you can visit the NHS website and search for a doctor in your area by simply typing in your postcode. You'll also find dentists, opticians and pharmacists in your area using the same website, plus a wide selection of health care advice.