Careers+ is your University careers service, helping you reflect on your skills, explore your options and achieve your goals. We’re on hand to help. Our one-to-one support, group sessions and wide range of online resources will help you make your career dreams happen!
- Improve your CV and applications
- Identify your skills and how to communicate them to employers
- Build your confidence and resilience
- Plan your future career
- Attend career management events and workshops
- Network with local and national employers
- Learn from role models through mentoring opportunities
- Gain advice on self-employment, freelancing and business start-up
- Make tailored CVs and applications that stand out
- Perfect your interview technique
- Identify and apply for further study
- Secure work experience and placements
- Gain great part-time jobs whilst you study
Meet your HELS Careers+ team
Katie Whitehouse: HELS Careers+ Manager
With over 15 years’ experience in careers and employment advice, Katie believes strongly that everyone should have chance to build a rewarding and fulfilling career. The HELS Careers+ team are here to help and support you whatever stage you are at – exploring options for the future, looking to gain further experience, or applying for graduate jobs.
This is your service, so let them know if you have suggestions or ideas for how they could help you.
Stef Cope – Employability Adviser
Stef can help with….gaining experience.
Stef is one of your HELS Faculty Employability Advisers. She is here to support you in looking for work placements, community/voluntary opportunities and part-time jobs.
Stef is available for students from all year groups offering 1-2-1 appointments to discuss employment and experience opportunities, review your CV and cover letter, and help support you to gain relevant and valuable experience to kick-start your career.
Zalika Shand – Employability Adviser
Zalika can help with…..getting that job!
As your HELS Employability Adviser, Zalika has 15 years specialist Employment support experience and knowledge.
She is here for final year students and recent graduates, to help you find successful employment by providing you with individual advice and support. Zalika can help you achieve your employment goals through job search advice, applications & CV support, delivering interview skills training and more via 1-2-1 sessions and tailored group sessions.
She is experienced in providing specialist advice and guidance to those with disabilities.