Health & Wellbeing

Find a Doctor

Find a Doctor

It’s important to register with a doctor while at University. For some students, it’s impractical to get to their local GP (general practitioner/doctor) while studying, and there may be times when you need to see a doctor.

NHS Guide for Students
The NHS has put together key information for students who are moving away from home to study.

Getting medical care as a student

The University offers some medical care facilities on campus. Our healthcare services are delivered from medical consulting rooms in the Curzon Building, and other sites across the University. You can also visit the Handsworth Wood Medical Centre (part of the Modality Partnership) main practice, which is close to the City North Campus in Handsworth Wood.

Our Advanced Nurse Practitioner/Prescriber offers appointments from the City Centre and City South medical rooms and also provides a telephone triage system if you aren’t sure if you need an appointment.

You can also visit the NHS Walk in Centre on the ground floor of Boots (the chemist) at 66 High St, Birmingham, B4 7TA. Information about the services offered by the NHS Walk in Centre.