Accessibility / facilities
Library and Learning Resources offers a range of services for disabled students:
Extended loan periods
Books that are usually two-week loans will be issued for four weeks.
Books that are usually one-week loans will be issued for two weeks.
This loan extension will apply each time that the book is renewed, i.e. a two-week loan will renew for another four weeks.
- At Curzon and Mary Seacole there are study rooms reserved for booking by disabled students. These rooms can be booked at the library Help Desk during staffed hours.
- Library publications available in large print, on CD and in Braille.
- The option of printing or photocopying on buff or coloured paper.
- Coloured intuitive overlays.
- A colour adjustable lamp at all libraries except at Vittoria Street.
- Hearing loops at our service points.
We are unable to guarantee that these will always be available at all of our libraries, so please check or contact us in advance of your visit so that we can be sure to have the required support in place.
The University also provides:
- Half price printing and photocopying.
- Assistive software across our PCs.