How to Apply Using UCAS Conservatoires
To apply for any of our undergraduate or postgraduate courses (apart from research degrees or joint courses) you will need to use UCAS Conservatoires.
To find out how to apply for our following non-UCAS Conservatoire courses, please visit the relevant course from the options below:
Applying Using UCAS Conservatoires
UCAS Conservatoires isn't always the easiest website to use, so here's our short guide on how to apply for a Birmingham Conservatoire course using UCAS Conservatoires:
1. Register with UCAS Conservatoires
- Enter your personal details, for example name, date of birth, address.
- Once you have completed the registration, a username will be automatically generated, and you will be asked to choose a password.
- Be sure to make a note of your username and password to enable you to log in later.
2. Login to continue your application
- You will then need to login to UCAS Conservatoires with your username and password to continue your application.
- There are full instructions on the UCAS Conservatoires website to help you fill in your application. You can work on it, save it and return to it later using your username and password. You must apply in English.
- If you are stuck, remember to check UCAS Conservatoires' help text first.
3. Provide contact details for two referees
- One of your referees must be able to comment on your academic ability; the other must be able to comment on your musical ability. Your referees should know you well enough to write about you and your suitability for higher education.
- UCAS Conservatoires will not accept references from family, other relatives or friends. The reference forms are available using the below link, and you should email or post them to your referees.
4. Fees and payments
- There is a one-off application fee of £20 (£24 from September 2017), payable to UCAS Conservatoires.
- An additional non-refundable audition fee of £60 (£90 for a double audition) is payable to the Conservatoire; this is collected through the UCAS Conservatoires system.
- You can make your payment online using a credit or debit card. The card doesn’t have to be in your name, but you do need the consent of the cardholder. If you can’t pay by card, you can choose to pay by an alternative method, such as cheque, postal order or bank transfer.
- The closing date for on-time applications is on or around 1st October in the year prior to entry.
- You are advised to apply as early as possible. Late applications may be accepted until the end of August (annually) for instruments/areas in which we have unfilled places. Please contact Conservatoire Admissions before you make a late application.
- If you have a disability, we would encourage you to apply as early as possible. Once we are aware of your disability we can try to support your individual needs.
- If you have not made us aware of your disability or you feel you may have a disability, please contact our Admissions Team or our Disability Support team on +44 (0)121 331 6495/7775 (text/voice).
If you still need information or advice, contact the UCAS Conservatoires Customer Service Unit: +44 330 3330 232. Open Monday to Friday, 8.30am-6pm (UK time).