Built Environment Applicant Visit Days
You will receive information about the day in your Applicant Taster Day programme which will be sent to you prior to the event. Maps, timings and directions can also be found on these web pages, which you should read carefully.
What to bring
Please ensure you are fully prepared by reading this 'How to prepare' page.
Each Applicant Taster Day has a set timetable. Please find details within the Timetable tab.
Travel details and directions on how to get to the University including a map of our campus.
What to expect
Your visit will include practical taster activities to give you an idea of what it's like to study here, as well as an opportunity to tour our facilities with a student ambassador. Some courses also include an informal interview with one of our course tutors. Details of which courses this involves can be found on the Day's Activities tab. We encourage you to ask lots of questions during the activities; choosing a University course is a big decision and we want you to be sure you are making the best choice for you.
To help you get the most out of the day, we suggest that you:
- Read through your UCAS personal statement
- Think over what you've studied so far and what has interested you in particular
- Think about how you would explain why you are so passionate about the course that you want to study and why you have applied to study with us. It is very important to show your enthusiasm.
- Consider preparing some things that you would like to tell us to support your application
- Think about some questions you might like to ask us, these can be either course specific or more general questions about student life.