Virtual Applicant Taster Days
Take a look at our dates and booking details, and see what you can expect on the day.
View your schedule for the day and find out what you’ve got to look forward to.
Dates and booking
- Wednesday 24 February (Black Studies, Criminology, Policing, Psychology and Sociology only) - Book your place by Sunday 21 February
- Saturday 6 March (Black Studies, Criminology, Policing, Psychology and Sociology only) - Book your place by Wednesday 3 March
- Wednesday 14 April (Criminology, Psychology and Youth and Community only) - Book your place by Sunday 11 April
- As part of the application process, you will receive a formal email inviting you to register for an Applicant Taster Day. If you have been offered a place and have not yet received your invite, please let us know.
- You will find your username and password instructions in the official acknowledgement email we sent to you when we first processed your application.
- Some dates may not host Applicant Taster Days for all courses. The available dates for your course will be shown after you click ‘Book Your Place’ and login. If a date is not listed, then it is not available for your course.
An Applicant Taster Day is more in-depth than an Open Day and gives you a more tailored experience, focused on the course and department you have applied to.
In line with current government guidance, our 2021 Applicant Taster Day events will now be delivered online. We will welcome you on to campus as soon as it is safe to do so, but in the meantime these events are a great opportunity to experience a flavour of student life and ask us your questions.
Here are some of the things you'll be able to see and do during your Virtual Applicant Taster Day:
Get in-depth information about your chosen course.
Hear about the student experience at BCU, and where your course will take you.
Take virtual tours of our campus and facilities.
Talk to your future academic tutors.
Our current students will tell you what it’s really like to study here.
Find out about finance, accommodation, student support and BCUSU.