- Vehicle production forecasting: what is made where, in what volumes, when will new models be launched
- Manufacturing footprint analysis, new factory location, capacity planning
- Sourcing benchmarking
- Supply chain analysis: who supplies whom, Tier 1 to Tier n
- Competitor analysis
- Due diligence analysis in mergers and acquisitions
- Assistance with government inward investment strategies
- Expert Witness advice
King’s College, University of London MA with merit, Modern History
Henley Management School, UK MBA with distinction
Loughborough University, UK Graduate studies programme and tutor in Geography
Jesus College, Cambridge University BA in Geography (II.i)
Government and official bodies
- Adviser to UK government’s Automotive Investment Organisation (AIO) which is responsible for attracting inward investment into the UK automotive sector from abroad and assisting with devolving international export potential.
- Member of Industry Competitiveness committee of Automotive Council (AC), a UK industry-government body charged with improving government-industry relations.
- SMMT: I provide a quarterly production forecast of vehicle production by model and plant for its members (SMMT is the equivalent to the VDA in Germany). Numerous projects and analysis for SMMT on strategic issues facing the industry including: how to increase UK component sourcing by UK vehicle companies (re-shoring) and the potential impact of Brexit on UK vehicle plants.
Regular contributor to: Just Auto , and Automotive World and others
Columnist and OEM analyst for Automotive Manufacturing Solutions
Read all the articles Ian has written for Automotive Manufacturing Solutions here.