Doctoral Research College
The Doctoral Research College (DRC) is a non-academic department within Birmingham City University whose primary purpose is to ‘Enable Excellent Research’. The DRC will do this by working in partnership with all stakeholders (such as Postgraduate Research (PGR) students, Faculty research colleagues, other professional service groups within the University, and external colleagues (external examiners / supervisors etc.).
As a research degree student of Birmingham City University, you are part of the Doctoral Research College, as well being a part of your study’s host Faculty. The DRC is an integral, fundamental part of the Research Office (which oversees the wider research provision / development within the University using the Research Development & Support and Research Information & Funding Functions) and DRC staff are embedded within each Faculty, with staff also based within the central Research Office.
The DRC oversees all processes which support Postgraduate Research Students (PGR) during their studies, including:
- Admissions and Enrolment
- Advice on Scholarships/Fees/stipend payments/contracts
- Registration and Induction
- Attendance monitoring and progression/Annual Monitoring
- PG Certificate Research Practice (and other research training)
- PGR support/Drop-in sessions
- Thesis submission/Examination/Award
- Jennifer Crook, Doctoral Research College Officer
- Wendy Hancox, Doctoral Research College Administrator
- Seacole West 0/008, City South Campus firstname.lastname@example.org