Recital Hall, Royal Birmingham Conservatoire
200 Jennens Road, B4 7XR
General admission: £12
Wheelchair users are entitled to concessionary priced tickets with a complimentary companion seat.
Guide dogs are welcome at Royal Birmingham Conservatoire venues. If you wish to bring a Guide Dog or wheelchair, please let the Events Office know by calling 0121 331 5909.
FREE TICKETS FOR RBC STAFF & STUDENTS*
Staff & students are eligible for a limited number of free tickets for events at Royal Birmingham Conservatoire.
- Tickets are subject to availability, must be booked in advance and are offered on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Once the free ticket allocation per event is reached, staff and students are eligible for discounted tickets.
- Excludes events programmed by external organisations or visiting artists.
- One ticket per student/member of staff.
- *Entry only granted with a valid BCU ID.
Jennifer Pike violin
Mahan Esfahani harpsichord
Bach Violin Sonata in E minor BWV 1023
Bach Violin Sonata in F minor BWV 1018
Piston Sonatina for Violin and Harpsichord
The wonderful pairing of violinist Jennifer Pike and harpsichordist Mahan Esfahani play two sonatas by Bach and American composer Walter Piston’s neo-classical Sonatina written in 1945.
At 12, Jennifer Pike became the youngest-ever winner of the BBC Young Musician competition and is noted for her unique artistry and compelling insight into Baroque music.
Mahan Esfahani has made it his life’s mission to rehabilitate the harpsichord as a mainstream instrument. Winner of many awards, he is lauded for his “instinctive sense of rhythm and gift for interpretation” (Gramophone).