Peter Donohoe Piano Recital
The Bradshaw Hall, Royal Birmingham Conservatoire
Royal Birmingham Conservatoire, 200 Jennens Road, B4 7XR
Wheelchair users are entitled to concessionary priced tickets with a complimentary companion seat.
Guide dogs are welcome at Royal Birmingham Conservatoire venues. If you wish to bring a Guide Dog or wheelchair, please let the Events Office know by calling 0121 331 5909.
FREE TICKETS FOR RBC STAFF & STUDENTS*
Staff & students are eligible for a limited number of free tickets for events at Royal Birmingham Conservatoire events.
- Tickets are subject to availability, must be booked in advance and are offered on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Once the free ticket allocation per event is reached, staff and students are eligible for discounted tickets.
- Excludes events programmed by external organisations or visiting artists.
- One ticket per student/member of staff.
- *Entry only granted with a valid BCU ID.
Peter Donohoe piano
Schumann Abegg Variations Op.1
Schumann Toccata Op.7
Tchaikovsky Sonata No.2 in G Major Op.37
Tchaikovsky Dumka Op.59
Mussorgsky Pictures at an Exhibition
In the years since his unprecedented success as Silver Medal winner of the 1982 7th International Tchaikovsky Competition in Moscow, Peter Donohoe has built an extraordinary world-wide career, encompassing a huge repertoire and over forty years’ experience as a pianist, as well as continually exploring many other avenues in music-making. He is acclaimed as one of the foremost pianists of our time, for his musicianship, stylistic versatility and commanding technique.
‘Donohoe is a pianist in a class of his own, an interpreter with a quite extraordinary feeling for musical phrasing, a ‘sculptor’ of the piano; his relentlessly clear representation of thematic conflicts brings the drama to life.’
Detlef Brandenburg (Schleswig-Holstein, 1993)